W*rk nightmares (dream)

How funny...I had a work dream and a college dream this morning (slept in b/c of driveway blocked w/snow). I think this thread prompted the dreams.
Work dream: Fun dream. I was back at the Pentagon, facing lengthy hikes along its miles of corridors. Oddly, there were large "open-plan" spaces, definitely not the real case in that land of double-locked office doors :) Anyway, someone offered me a special pair of "skates," which were just curved pieces of wood you stepped into...but wow, did they ever move me along! At the dream's end, I gave someone else one of my "skates" and was still able to zip along on the one I had left.

College dream: Annoying; too many classes, too much homework, mail not being delivered to my tiny dorm room (laughable, since I lived with my parents during college, and in my current home during grad school!) I was afraid someone in the mailroom would see my OPM pension statements and realize I didn't actually need to go to college to get a good job any more :LOL: Still, even though I realized I didn't need classes, I was determined to get through them and get A's...just to prove I still could. Waking up was a relief :)

Amethyst

Kinda like the dreams of showing up at highschool in nothing but tightie whiteys. Had that dream ( at least my dream and nightmare for others if it were true) for many years after graduation. Or having the dream of realizing that you missed a class all semester and would not pass thus not graduate from college. Still have that one and it's been 16 years.

I don't dream about work but likely will after ER.

I started having Megacorp dreams about one year after ER. The first year... nothing. Now it's almost every night for the last 6 months. Usually some sort of frustrating situation with an easy solution, but I spend the whole dream trying to find someone, or recover a file, or wandering aimlessly around an offsite conference center. Also, a lot of travel dreams where I'm late, or lost, or forgot something important like my passport. Sometimes they are pleasant and routine where I resolved a problem in the same steps and method that actually occurred years or decades earlier. All the people, places, and situations are very realistic. Sometimes I try to explain to the people in the dream that I'm retired and don't actually work there anymore, but they seem uninterested in my explanation.

I worked at a restaurant in college and I sometimes still dream about the atypical lunch rush when we were badly understaffed and everything went wrong. I hope it doesn't take this long for the Megacorp dreams to fade away. I've also had the college dream that everyone else described, but not very often... about the same frequency as flying, breathing underwater, and going to the grocery store in my underwear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom