Wait Times In Canada Or, Is This Our Future?

Caroline said:
My mother (military veteran's dependent, 80 yrs old at the time) broke her hip 4-5 years ago, and was in surgery early the next morning. The doctors "out at the base" did a splendid job -- the care from nurses and medics was great -- and she had a problem-free recovery.

She's only one data point -- but one that's very satisfied.

Congratulations!!! Anybody who is able to receive such fast care from a military hospital, without being a Congress critter or President is very lucky. I've heard exactly one story (yours) of quick service from the military hospitals in 36 years.

lets-retire said:
Congratulations!!! Anybody who is able to receive such fast care from a military hospital, without being a Congress critter or President is very lucky. I've heard exactly one story (yours) of quick service from the military hospitals in 36 years.
Well, I had my daughter in the Navy hospital in Balboa Park, in San Diego. They took me in immediately and she was born right away. Guess that was one thing they couldn't delay! :LOL:

That was back in 1978, and they only charged $16 for it since my (now) ex was in the Navy. What a deal.

D'OH!! I should have been more specific. Add ".....unless the hospital has to be quick." to the second sentence in my last post.

Back
Top Bottom