Warren Buffett Advocates Buying

thank you for listing all the reasons why Goldman Sachs is still around and not Lehman or Bear or ML

"Some pretty intelligent people are now buying stocks... Unless we are to have a panic -- which no one seriously believes, stocks have hit bottom."
- R. W. McNeal, financial analyst in October 1929

Paulson bailing out AIG didn't hurt GS.
Although it was not widely known, Goldman, a Wall Street stalwart that had seemed immune to its rivals’ woes, was A.I.G.’s largest trading partner, according to six people close to the insurer who requested anonymity because of confidentiality agreements. A collapse of the insurer threatened to leave a hole of as much as $20 billion in Goldman’s side.

Goldman was both long and short on mortgages. it went long with clients' money in their hedge funds that invested in these and short with the firm's money.

WaaHoo! market down 350 points this morning - got your seatbelts securely fastened? We may experience a bit of turbulence today....
Okay, that was funny :2funny:
"My friend's friend Tim Formato? He's on the board at Westminster Securities and he says he touched it. He said it was warm and soft and wonderful. He said he knows where it is now, and I can put in an option on seeing it tomorrow for only $85."

I think SNL did a little jab at this on their 'news' skit.

They talk about Warren Buffet telling people not to panic, and the news person comments something like:

"There you have it Folks, no need to panic about this drop in the market. As long as you are one of the richest men on the face of the planet, you have nothing to fear."

That cracked me up. Then I cried. <j/k>

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom