Was Going to Get Vaccinated But Told To Wait

Are you using a small local pharmacy? Around my area, the big ones (CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens) have no problems getting the vaccine, but the small mom and pop pharmacies don't generally get them in stock.

It was one of the big pharmacies that you mentioned that had the huge waiting list but was receiving only 10 vaccines a month.

Must be a local situation. I found ours at a pharmacy with just one location. They used to have another location but closed it a few years ago. I never even thought about going there until I saw "WE HAVE SHINGRIX" on their big LED sign!

But the pharmacy in my big grocery store chain had a full waiting list and was no longer taking names.

One reason this pharmacy had such a long waiting list was that their corporate HQ forced them to put a similar message on their LED sign (which is why I went there). Then people showed up and there were no vaccines available so they added their names to the waiting list making it even longer.

As I mentioned on another thread, I later stopped by a Costco to get on their waiting list and they actually had vaccines and were accepting walk ins so I received the vaccination. I told the pharmacist I had recently had the flu shot and she did not consider it a problem. The next day I was very tired with a slight fever and chills but nothing extreme.

Back
Top Bottom