Was this one of those days?

Seemed like a good day until I looked at periods longer than a day. Then it looked like the start of something even better. Or maybe a dead cat bounce is here. But wait, Santa Claus is coming, and end of year sales volume will be up. Or will it be down?

16 of the 20 largest one day market returns since 1971 have occurred in a bear market.
Yes days like yesterday are nice for equities and bonds. I had some bonds jump higher than equities. The Fed is still playing their hand and we’ll see where things are by next Spring.

Seemed like a day of irrational exuberance, but no matter, I have my rain or shine allocation to equities in place.

Well, I expected the market to go down today, but instead it surged some more and the S&P added another 0.92%. My stash went up 1.15% today despite a stock AA of 60%. Some stocks I have like Alcoa jumped nearly 9% today.

If the market keeps going up next week, I will be trailing it. I am having many of my hot stocks called away via assignment of covered calls. My stock AA looks to go down to 50% or so.

Here hoping for the market to tank, so I can get my beloved stocks back lower than where I sold them. >:D

Back
Top Bottom