Wealth Preservation Seminars

vafoodie

Recycles dryer sheets
I get invites for a free dinner to listen to lawyers tell me how to protect my wealth on the reg. Is anything gained from attending these other than the meal and being scared into paying a lawyer a lot of money for a trust?

I get invites for a free dinner to listen to lawyers tell me how to protect my wealth on the reg. Is anything gained from attending these other than the meal and being scared into paying a lawyer a lot of money for a trust?

They will probably try to sell you annuities too!:D

They will probably try to sell you annuities too!:D

You were reading my mind. About 38 years ago I had a friend who was legitimately interested in these kinds of things. Investing, growing wealth, etc and in pursuit of that signed up for a lot of these schpiels and I usually went along. Lots of information on, (I would call belaboring), all facets of investing and wealth building. But every single one always ending with Annuities are the only way to get rich, retire, keep from going broke.

There was a thread on here about this. Some will attend for the steak dinner. Most just stay away.

You could probably get the same advise (maybe better) online - via videos.

You could probably get the same advise (maybe better) online - via videos.

I heard that you can get some good advice on this site called , oh crap, what is it again? Oh yeah, ER.org I think it's called. :dance:

I heard that you can get some good advice on this site called , oh crap, what is it again? Oh yeah, ER.org I think it's called. :dance:

True, true!

Could be interesting to go to one or two, but not a whole bunch of them.

No, not in my opinion.

My shredder says he really enjoys eating those mailers, because they almost always have a glossy pic of a nice meal on them. He does request that I continue, without fail, to peel off the sticky stringy goo they use on the corners to hold the important invitation closed through the mail. That gives him heartburn.

For "advice", I think I'd rather go inside a McDonalds, order a big mac, and ask the counter person for advice. They might want to upsize a fry and drink, but if any ill effects should result from implementation (unlikely!), the result would be very short-lived. Unlike the "wealth" advice pedaled in the mail. :greetings10:

My shredder says he really enjoys eating those mailers, because they almost always have a glossy pic of a nice meal on them. He does request that I continue, without fail, to peel off the sticky stringy goo they use on the corners to hold the important invitation closed through the mail. That gives him heartburn.

For "advice", I think I'd rather go inside a McDonalds, order a big mac, and ask the counter person for advice. They might want to upsize a fry and drink, but if any ill effects should result from implementation (unlikely!), the result would be very short-lived. Unlike the "wealth" advice pedaled in the mail. :greetings10:

Buy a little McDonald's stock on the dips - skip the fries. There ya' go. No charge. :LOL:

Full disclosure - I drink McDonald's coffee.

Last edited:
Go to the seminar for the free meal. Collect their handouts, and discuss at places like this forum. Get the book The Alpha Strategy and read it. Copyright 1980, almost like a psychic. For us investments to eliminate ongoing expenses has been great. Stop the cash flow bleed and (for now) no tax on the eliminated expenses. With current currency creation by the folks in DC, it's a challenge to try and keep up, being on retirement, "fixed income".

Go to the seminar for the free meal. Collect their handouts, and discuss at places like this forum. Get the book The Alpha Strategy and read it. Copyright 1980, almost like a psychic. For us investments to eliminate ongoing expenses has been great. Stop the cash flow bleed and (for now) no tax on the eliminated expenses. With current currency creation by the folks in DC, it's a challenge to try and keep up, being on retirement, "fixed income".

Please explain.

It's worth your time if the meal is a decent filet mignon.

Haven't done that in a few years.

ER.org redirects to another site.

But early-retirement.org is a hot spot, I've heard!

Can I get a birthday card from this site?

Do a FINRA broker check on the person/organization providing you the free meal to see what you may be getting yourself into.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom