Weee Doggies!

ER101

Confused about dryer sheets
Ended the soul-sucking corporate torture after 44 years and retired in February of this year, at 60 years old. Had a satisfying career but all things must come to an end.

Happier than a gopher in soft dirt.

Welcome to the Free Zone! Plenty of soft dirt here. Keep us posted on your new life.

Welcome. It sounds like you are enjoying your retirement so far! Look forward to hearing more

Congratulations! Go live your life. Look forward to hearing about your adventures.

But what will you do all day? :confused:

But what will you do all day? :confused:

Good question travelover! My observation so far, 5 weeks into it:

1) The most trivial task can inflate to fill all of the available time.

2) There seems to be a lot of time.

** Happier than a gopher in soft dirt. **

can i borrow that it sounds much better than ' a pig in mud '

welcome to the realm of as much boredom as you want ( to have )

good luck and have some fun

1/2 time when starting at 16, until HS graduation, then full+ time. The last 40 years have been at the same firm.

40 years! Good for you, that's commitment. In China they call that the "iron rice bowl", a secure job where you can work for your whole career, pretty rare these days. My longest stint was 13 years and it felt like an eternity.

So spot on about how "trivial" morphs into "project".

40 years! Good for you, that's commitment. In China they call that the "iron rice bowl", a secure job where you can work for your whole career, pretty rare these days. My longest stint was 13 years and it felt like an eternity.

So spot on about how "trivial" morphs into "project".

I’m coming up on 40 years as well with the same company and planning on sticking a fork in the career soon. Very rare indeed!

I thought this thread would be about Chihuahuas, teacup poodles and possibly small Dachshunds....

Ended the soul-sucking corporate torture after 44 years and retired in February of this year, at 60 years old. Had a satisfying career but all things must come to an end.

Happier than a gopher in soft dirt.

Congrats.....Looking forward to hearing from you and your adventures. P.S. I/we are in the same boat WRT retiring at 60 or just short of it next May. Enjoy!!!!:dance:

The thing about the “iron rice bowl” these days is that you often don’t know when the whole thing might change. I retired 2.5 yrs ago after 32.5 yrs with my last firm. The only rub was that there were a couple of periods when it was pretty much “one year at a time” as things with the firm appeared a bit shaky. But... crossed my fingers, stuck it out, and it paid off. Living & loving the result every day!

So congrats, OP. After all those years you deserve it. Enjoy!

Good question travelover! My observation so far, 5 weeks into it:

1) The most trivial task can inflate to fill all of the available time.

2) There seems to be a lot of time.

@Travelover is pulling your leg. You will get to know his comedic repertoire over time. :cool:

Congrats BTW.

Back
Top Bottom