We're dumber than we think

Bikerdude

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
"Baby boomers need to protect their assets from this decline in financial reasoning, Mandell says. But here’s perhaps the bigger problem: A person’s financial confidence increases as he or she gets older, he adds. And that leaves a person vulnerable to sales pitches and investments that might not be in his or her best interests. "

Boomers, don't be stupid with your nest egg - Encore - MarketWatch

Financial reasoning peaks at 53, then declines sharply. And it really hits a freefall once you’re older than 70.

Yeah, well he needs to sell his books, I guess.

Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger must be doddering old fools, so why don't they have someone managing their money for them?

Financial reasoning peaks at 53, then declines sharply. And it really hits a freefall once you’re older than 70.
Looking at the dates on his website, he seems to be at that freefall age now. So he is telling us to disregard his financial advice, or that he is special and the rest of us are well... uhh I forget...

Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger must be doddering old fools, so why don't they have someone managing their money for them?

Let's see. According to Forbes, Buffett has $58.2B. So a 1% fee would be only $582,000,000.

I hope he's not too senile to recognize the bargain he'd be getting.

My first reaction it the only thing stupid here is the article. I disagree with most every point made.

I've really got a problem with advice to "age in place" with a paid-for home. If someone needs to be in an assisted living environment, this kind of advice just makes life miserable for everyone involved.

If any of this is really true just think of all the people that are still in the workplace at 53 and older. They must be miserable failures trying to continue working while their financial reasoning functions are declining rapidly. Must be trying to sell books.

A little stupid can be a wonderful thing. I like Bogle's 'Hurry up just stand there'. If I'm remembering correctly.

:dance:

heh heh heh - Mardis Gras is over for the year. :cool:

A little stupid can be a wonderful thing. I like Bogle's 'Hurry up just stand there'. If I'm remembering correctly.

:dance:

heh heh heh - Mardis Gras is over for the year. :cool:

It was a wet one down here, too, cold and rainy.

Happy Mardi Gras, UncleMick. :)

P.S. As for being a dumb investor, well, who can know? But, so far so good and life is short.

If any of this is really true just think of all the people that are still in the workplace at 53 and older. They must be miserable failures trying to continue working while their financial reasoning functions are declining rapidly. Must be trying to sell books.
I resemble that remark!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom