What’s Your ART?

Kickernick

Recycles dryer sheets
I haven’t seen a thread specifically exploring the range of different artistic or creative activities people have taken up during early retirement or the pandemic.

I’ve been doing a lot more photography - lately drone photography and waterfalls.

I also build vintage & custom LEGO sets. I’ve found a lot of great groups online to participate in - they have made it more fun.

Check out the 'What We're Making' thread. Lots of excellent creative stuff being made by forum members.

We inherited an old globe lamp when we bought our home 18 years ago. We are now decluttering before putting our house on the market and found out the lamp that has been sitting around waiting for us to retire it is worth around $500 if somewhat restored. I may be a budding antique globe restorer...if not, maybe I’ll at least get a new old lamp out of it!

Becoming a junk dealer. Sold an old taxi horn that looked like a $5 item, for $50. Also, sold an old Nintendo box, empty, for $25. When not selling junque, I would be grokking on a solo recital performance of some soprano, but, alas, no recitals this season! As for actually creating art, I just don't, for now. Playing lots of vinyl, and selling a lot of vinyl, for $1 each, at flea markets.

I'm not retired yet, but I took up photography seriously when I was fifty and it has become a very big part of my life. I focus on portraits of rescued animals and their humans, and work mainly on a non-profit basis.

www.janetholmesphoto.com

Just published a book called Nest: Rescued Chickens at Home and you can watch the video flip-through here:

https://www.kehrerverlag.com/en/jan...ns-at-home-978-3-86828-987-9?___from_store=de

If anyone is interested in learning more about excellent photography courses/programs, or about using photography to support rescued animals, feel free to contact me.

I enjoy shooting video, editing, and scoring music. Since we aren't travelling as much I have spent more time focusing on editing and scoring music. I just created a tutorial this past week on shooting time lapse videos to music after I received many questions on how it's done.

I am a watercolor painter and have sold some paintings.

It's photography for me.

Attachments

• 4940.jpg
    4940.jpg
    649 KB · Views: 39
Photography and woodworking

Attachments

• F49792B9-E089-4E9A-8973-91F87C096E76.jpeg
    F49792B9-E089-4E9A-8973-91F87C096E76.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • 907ABF43-BB6E-4432-B85D-513A44088AF7.jpg
    907ABF43-BB6E-4432-B85D-513A44088AF7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
I do a little carving from time to time.

Attachments

• IMG_1569 (2).jpg
    IMG_1569 (2).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4587.jpg
    IMG_4587.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 35
Sweet! Those rock!

Not sure if you all would consider it art, but I’ve been working on writing a couple apps: a shared travel journal where everyone traveling together share a log of the trip and add photos, notes, locations, comments, etc. The other is a gardening app to track plants, seasons, garden tasks, etc.

While not traditional ‘art’, to me it’s pretty creative and I’m enjoying it.

Music is my most creative endeavor these days. Recent tune I learned...

Last edited:
At the moment, my only creative outlet is writing (nothing that will ever be published).

Music is my most creative endeavor these days. Recent tune I learned...

WOW. That was great. Some people just have a knack for getting the most out of their instrument. Well done.

Very interesting to read all your gifts in life.

Back
Top Bottom