What are You Doing With Your Cash?

I've pondered the house construction as an investment, and it will be the largest gain in net worth in our lives, in only a year. This cash is going to make serious money for us, and really because of my year of labor in building the house ourselves. The bigger I build the more we make.
Housing could tank and we would still make bank on it.

A young couple just re-fied and paid off a hard money loan we had made to them. Took them just under two years and their timing was very fortunate - they bought a fixer at a decent price, didn't have many problems with material cost or supply, housing values went whack-a-doodle high, and maybe most importantly - did most of the work themselves. Their home appraised higher than they had hoped, so they were able to pay us off and do a $40k cash-out refi that let them pay off Bank of Mom and Dad and gave them some walking around money. Bumped their equity up by $200k in under two years. Pretty darn good!

I have cash for a house purchase in the next 12 months located at Bask Bank paying 1.25% in a savings account. No limit, no fees, no hoops to jump through. This is not my fixed income as it is still in Intermediate Bond funds. I am now 50% equities/25% bonds/ and 25% cash(house purchase).

VW

I noticed that the VGCRMMF has a 0.62% yield. My Ally savings act has an APY of only 0.60%. Time to move it all back into CRMMF? Yea I guess.

You might consider Marcus by Goldman Sachs. They are at .7% right now, .8% if you are an AARP member.

Back
Top Bottom