What do you do in ER when spouse still works

I'm going to hooters today, meet some old co-w*rkers.
MRG

Well, a little more than two months into ER; DH still has 18 months to retirement I do the following:

1. Food Shopping (getting into coupons a lot)
2. Clean house
3. Laundry
4. Take care of dogs
5. Reading
6. Watching TV (less now than before)
7. Cooking
8. Starting Astro-Photography
9. Working on coin collecting
10. Going to the gym 4 days a week
11. Other project as assigned or need doing.

I'm not ER'd yet, but there is already a list of house projects waiting for me when I do, and DW is still working for another year or two. That's OK, because I sometimes miss having enough time to do things like that as I used to. W*rk gets in the way.

I am coming out...I also am also a first class piddler...and love it. When the weather is bad, I head to the workshop with Pal (my shep), and before you know it, it's time to come in again and eat. Then talk with Pal about getting ready for the next day and his opinion on this or that...If the weather is nice, I like to be in the woods, on the water, and with my friends. My wife has her things she likes to do and I have mine. And sometimes we do things together or take a trip. But, I am happiest at home.

The bottom line...I don't ever get bored. There's always something to do that's interesting. Not like work used to be...bored, handcuffed, and wasting another day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom