What Does It Mean When Sender E-mail Address Not Shown

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If I place the cursor over the sender in either Yahoo mail or Hotmail, I can usually see the e-mail address of the sender. Is there is any significance if
the e-mail address does not show up-?

I have not come across this, but it sounds dangerous and I would delete it.

Sounds like the no caller id type thing. Could be anything from simple spam to hazardous waste (virus, malware . . .). Delete it and don't look back.

What it means is that OP (me) is not particularly observant. I noticed when looking at this in Hotmail, that the sender's e-mail address always came up unless the sender name was the e-mail address. I failed to notice in Yahoo mail for the e-mail message in question that the sender name was the e-mail address.......for some reason that escapes me. Thanks for the help and concern and sorry for raising the false alarm.

Often I receive an email on my iPhone which appears to be from a credible sender. If I pretend to 'Reply' and then check the email address, it is often bogus and/or when I look at that email on my computer (rather than my iPhone), the entire Sender is different. This suggests to me that the bogus sender is attempting to get responses on mobile devices to cause trouble. Beware.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom