what dvds have you rented lately?

We just watched "The Lake House" with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. I was pleasantly surprised.

Currently in the Netflix queue are "Smallville" season two and "The Flash". I'm going to have to have words with DH about why "The Frisco Kid" which I added to the queue back in... June? July?... hasn't come yet.

"The Frisco Kid" - at one point we were thinking of incorporating and "Go Faster Horsey" was high on the list as a name. Gene Wilder and/or Mel Brooks - doesn't get much better. Really enjoyed "Life Stinks" and "Blazing Saddles" - see it before it's pulled as being too too racist for our delicate sensibilities.
Vanishing Point has a special spot in my heart - saw it several times on the mess deck when going to or coming off watch - first several times missed the beginning, which made seeing the beginning a real shocker. Bear in mind i hadn't been in a car for some months... Great music. Later saw it in a Drive-in in Santa Fe - leaving was very interesting with lots of dust and gravel getting thrown in the air.
I've no shame: "Choose Me" - sensual. chick flick? maybe. tough - i dig it.

Mr Brooks. We really enjoyed the film except for the cop-out ending. Added Fido to my queue also. It looks like an interesting twist on zombie flicks.

In the mail today, Knocked Up and Open Season.

Just returned "An Inconvenient Truth" to the librairy. It was a non-stop ad for the Apple laptop.

The movie I never get sick of is "What about Bob " . I always find it amusing .Maybe that's a seperate thread the movie you never get sick of.

Are you my clone? "Dr. Marvin, Dr. Leo Marvin!" I own a grainy worn out tape of it. Used to watch it whenever I had a really bad day at mega-corp. It's the only movie I watched more than a few times. Definitely theraputic. "Faye, is this corn hand-shucked?" :):):)

The Valet---a funny French comedy

First season of The Closer (excellent TV police show)

Reign On Me (horrible, serious Adam Sandler/Don Cheadle movie about a guy who lost in his family in 9-11 and his post-traumatic stress. Only good parts were The Who song and that Sandler looked like a young Bob Dylan!)

A Mighty Heart (with Angelina Jolie, about Daniel Pearl, the journalist who was killed in Pakistan, more about his widow). Good acting, brave woman, but I think I want to lay low with the terrorism theme for a while).

I've been waiting several months to get Dexter from Netflix, and there's been quite a wait for it!

First season of The Closer (excellent TV police show)
Yeah, rented that one, too and the Wire is good (although I liked the first 2 seasons the best)...season 4 is coming out soon...I have never heard of Dexter...I will have to look for it...of course, the final episodes of the Sopranos comes out this week (even though everyone knows what happens);)

Maddy, I heard that the Wire is excellent. Dexter is supposed to be terrific as well, but it's not for everyone---it's kind of dark humor along with the police work---Dexter is a serial killer who kills other serial killers (that's my understanding of it---there's a series of books that it's based on).

Back
Top Bottom