What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

An electric water shutoff valve for our dishwasher, which I was hoping would cure it's sudden no water problem. Thing is 2004 vintage, but worked ok, only needing occasional prompting from me. $37 valve was expected in about a week. Today we get word from the seller that it is out of stack and a month out.

So now we're looking at appliance packages for about 80 times the cost of the valve. and washing dishes the old fashioned way.

An electric water shutoff valve for our dishwasher, which I was hoping would cure it's sudden no water problem. Thing is 2004 vintage, but worked ok, only needing occasional prompting from me. $37 valve was expected in about a week. Today we get word from the seller that it is out of stack and a month out.

So now we're looking at appliance packages for about 80 times the cost of the valve. and washing dishes the old fashioned way.

On our dishwasher, it stopped getting water. Turns out the problem was this safety stainless steel braided hose that connects the water pipe valve to the dishwasher.
This braided hose has a safety feature to auto shutoff the water if it thinks the hose broke and was flooding the house.
For some reason it triggered.

I played around with turning the water on/off and maybe even disconnecting the hose, and then it reset.

If this sounds like your problem, you could google it, or just play with it a bit.

On our dishwasher, it stopped getting water. Turns out the problem was this safety stainless steel braided hose that connects the water pipe valve to the dishwasher.
This braided hose has a safety feature to auto shutoff the water if it thinks the hose broke and was flooding the house.
For some reason it triggered.

I played around with turning the water on/off and maybe even disconnecting the hose, and then it reset.

If this sounds like your problem, you could google it, or just play with it a bit.

Thanks - mine was done with soft copper, no safety anti flood device. I also ordered and have received a long braided line. I suspect that the problem could well be at the screen for the DW valve, but didn't want to potentially disable the hot water to the sink if I couldn't get the copper line reattached. What I should do is swap in the braided line and see how the screen looks - very little wasted effort and maybe it fixes the problem and keeps our contractor grade appliances and bank accounts in stasis.
Dang you. I'm trying to do less by just flinging money at problems and it keeps being easier to just fix them myself.

Migliore Strata Coating: High Gloss SiO2 Ceramic Coating & Car Sealant... 2.4oz for ~ $90

Cleaning tablets for my Jura coffee machine.

Just ordered long underwear.

Winter finally hit here.

Front and rear dash cams for the car. As a note for anyone interested in the same, be sure to understand the size of the screen before you buy and not be distracted by features. I bought one last week that had what sounded like amazing features, but the screen was so small - 1.5 inches - that it was difficult to review any recordings on the device. There were also 9 screens of menu options (possibly could have been fewer menu screens if the overall screen was larger) so it was confusing. The new one arriving today has a 4 inch screen and is touchscreen activated - and bonus, it costs less than the first one!

Actually an update on my message from earlier. After posting my message, I visited Amazon to see when my dash cam with the larger screen would arrive today. Lo and behold, my already ordered dash cam was part of a Lightning Deal and cost $25 less than what I paid yesterday. There were 34 minutes left in the deal. Did I cancel the order from yesterday and repurchase at the new lower price? You bet I did...thanks Amazon for the unexpected discount and extra $25 in my pocket!

Actually an update on my message from earlier. After posting my message, I visited Amazon to see when my dash cam with the larger screen would arrive today. Lo and behold, my already ordered dash cam was part of a Lightning Deal and cost $25 less than what I paid yesterday. There were 34 minutes left in the deal. Did I cancel the order from yesterday and repurchase at the new lower price? You bet I did...thanks Amazon for the unexpected discount and extra $25 in my pocket!

I bought something from Amazon recently that I later returned (not due to price change, but the item didn't work out). Did suffer buyer's remorse (before returning) as I paid about $75, then a day or two later got advertisement email from Woot (a discounted or overstocked type site by Amazon) showing the same item at about $40, free shipping for Prime members).

I think sometimes too fast shipping at Amazon can be too fast. Many times, I've bought something next day or 2 day shipping. Then Amazon's algorithm shows another product that is less or better than the product I just bought. A strategy I suppose is to have the self-discipline to hold of instant gratification and use a lengthier shipping option or place in cart but not buy to let the algorithm think. But easier said than done :(.

This morning I received my Amazon package that I ordered Monday night. Pretty fast! It contains three items that don't qualify for Prime Pantry:

Centrum multivitamins
Viactiv calcium supplements, and
Quest protein bars.

My Prime Pantry box that I ordered at the same time will arrive Friday.

Now that my knee is better after that surgery, I *could* go to the grocery store for these things and really I will. I just need to change my habits.

Xmas gifts for our grandchildren...delivered to their home.

I just ordered photoshop elements from amazon during their annual thanksgiving sale on it. about 1/2 price. Also an HDMI cable.

2020 Wall calendars

Cat Fud for the month

Attachments

• Cat Fud.jpg
    Cat Fud.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 21
Bought a stud finder. At first, ordered on that was a lightning deal, but decided to cancel that order and get one that's comparable (I think better). For one thing, the one I got uses AAA batteries instead of an inconvenient 9V battery.

Now, I just have to come up with a thing or two to hang up :).

Attachments

• stud finder.jpg
    stud finder.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 21
Toner cartridges for the laser printer and a new carburetor for my 39-year-old Stihl chain saw.

A shroud for the A/C on my camper van. The plastic on the existing one is old, brittle, and cracked. Not too great in the rain.

I bought an LED tail light conversion kit for my camper. I put a search on camelcamelcamel and it watches Amazon and emails me when the item I want comes up in their "used" category, which are generally just reboxed returns. Anyway, it saved me 38%.

A shroud for the A/C on my camper van. The plastic on the existing one is old, brittle, and cracked. Not too great in the rain.
I've found that anything external on a camper made of plastic needs to be painted or it will turn to dust in the sun.

Back
Top Bottom