What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Thanks for the idea. I just ordered two bottles of the Suave Shampoo, Tropical Coconut. Didn't get the Conditioner.
I hope you like it! I love Suave shampoo, and the tropical coconut scent (while not subtle or complex) reminds me of my youth in Hawaii and floats my boat. I haven't ever tried the conditioner before.

2 clear plastic fridge bins and a soda can rack. My new fridge has no pull out drawer that was handy for storing all the little "packaged" stuff like bacon, lunch meat, cheeses and such. So one bin for meats and one for cheeses. And the soda can dispenser for the coke half of my rum & cokes - :)

And the soda can dispenser for the coke half of my rum & cokes - :)

Robbie, what kind of rum do you blow your dough on? I'm partial to Kill Devil Hills from NC, when I can get it, or Myer's.

First night out I captured an image of front yard intruder! Neat camera.

My game cam gets the usual doe and fawns, but last week, I had "peoples" walking with flashlights at 4:00 AM. I couldn't identify. If they show up again, they'll get the motion activated lawn sprinkler treatment. That'll will be some interesting pics!

I purchased a barrel hoop driver about 2 weeks ago. I took an old barrel apart, sanded down the insides, toasted and reassembled. No leaks.:dance:

Last edited:
Lowepro Flipside 300 for SO new camera using Amazon Warehouse at quite a steal compared to new.

A few small hand tools and a CD (some of us still buy music that way). "Back Being Blue" is Kelly Willis' first solo release in about 11 years and it sounds like she picked up right where she left off. Willis fans can celebrate!

A small fan for my desktop. My laptop is baking me alive putting out hot air to the side of my mouse hand. Hopefully, this will blow the air away from that side.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 121
A small fan for my desktop. My laptop is baking me alive putting out hot air to the side of my mouse hand. Hopefully, this will blow the air away from that side.
It sure is hot, isn’t it?

I just bought a lot of various LED bulbs. Just moved into new house (no mortgage!). All these can lights with incandescent bulbs = more heat!

It sure is hot, isn’t it?

I just bought a lot of various LED bulbs. Just moved into new house (no mortgage!). All these can lights with incandescent bulbs = more heat!

Not only will that keep you cooler but should save money too.

A 56 inch ceiling fan for the dining room.

At home I have been using 12" white wire shelving, cut to width of laptop, to provide a slanting shelf for notebook. Much more air can get below the notebook.
I do have three fans in 14x16 office. It gets very uncomfortable throughout the day. One ceiling fan, one 8-inch fan on floor near vent, and one tornado about 20' away from doors to office. Yes, I am a fan junky.

At home I have been using 12" white wire shelving, cut to width of laptop, to provide a slanting shelf for notebook. Much more air can get below the notebook.
I do have three fans in 14x16 office. It gets very uncomfortable throughout the day. One ceiling fan, one 8-inch fan on floor near vent, and one tornado about 20' away from doors to office. Yes, I am a fan junky.

Thought about buying nice laptop cooler made out of bamboo. The bamboo laptop cooler looks nice but I'm afraid the fans wouldn't blow at where the hot air is escaping from my laptop on the side, but just the laptop's underside.

I was tempted to build my own with a fan on top of a cut out board. That way I could place a fan right under where the hot air is at. That might be plan B if the fan I got doesn't give relief.

A jackhammer strong enough to break through concrete and asphalt. I already bought my wife a concrete mixer. Now she can repair some steps a tree has pushed up.

Oh, yes. Love the LEDs for saving money! But the impetus for buying them now was certainly the heat.

The electric bill was shocking at $94 for the first full month. We’ve only lived here 1.5 weeks! $10 turned out to be for a rented hot water heater that isn’t here - Green Mountain Power will take care of that. The dehumidifier is running in the basement. Tried turning up the humidistat to see what happens. Other than that, it’s a mystery. So, LED bulbs.

If the air is that hot, I'd bet the internal fan/ducts are clogged with dust.

A few years back, I noticed the exhaust air on my laptop was very warm/hot. Opened it and used a vacuum to alternately suck & blow the dust out ( I couldn't really get the fan out w/o removing the CPU heat sink and didn't want to mess with that).

The temperature dropped significantly, and has stayed that way. It's barely warm now.

-ERD50

If the air is that hot, I'd bet the internal fan/ducts are clogged with dust.

A few years back, I noticed the exhaust air on my laptop was very warm/hot. Opened it and used a vacuum to alternately suck & blow the dust out ( I couldn't really get the fan out w/o removing the CPU heat sink and didn't want to mess with that).

The temperature dropped significantly, and has stayed that way. It's barely warm now.

-ERD50

Not the fan/ducts. The model laptop is known of running hot.

Lenovo laptops overheat primarily as a result from the design of the device. While demand increases for improved performance, there also is a demand for sleek, compact design, which creates a real problem for the Lenovo company. Specifically, the laptops have little open access to air, and poor built-in fans that are purposed to push hot air out. Essentially, Lenovo laptops have no fans to bring cool air in, and plastic is covering the most-worked part of the machine.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-to-do-if-a-lenovo-laptop-is-overheating

I did make the mistake of just using the thermal paste that was already on the CPU heat sink instead of cleaning off and reapplying with the good stuff (arctic silver) when I changed the fan. Maybe that has a factor, though the thermal paste looked okay, but I think maybe too much. I'm not about the take everything apart again though.

A SD card with maps for my new car's navigation system (way cheaper than getting it from the dealership), A WeatherTech cargo liner for the trunk, and a new garage remote.

Not the fan/ducts. The model laptop is known of running hot.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-to-do-if-a-lenovo-laptop-is-overheating
Specifically, the laptops have little open access to air, and poor built-in fans that are purposed to push hot air out. Essentially, Lenovo laptops have no fans to bring cool air in, and plastic is covering the most-worked part of the machine.

That doesn't make sense. The fan that exhausts the hot air has to get the air from somewhere - that is the cool air coming in. It can't go out w/o coming in, or the laptop would be crushed from an internal vacuum!

It may be a bad design, but that explanation is off.

-ERD50

Thought about buying nice laptop cooler made out of bamboo. The bamboo laptop cooler looks nice but I'm afraid the fans wouldn't blow at where the hot air is escaping from my laptop on the side, but just the laptop's underside.

I was tempted to build my own with a fan on top of a cut out board. That way I could place a fan right under where the hot air is at. That might be plan B if the fan I got doesn't give relief.
A fan may not be necessary. Just by exposing the bottom of notebook to a lot more air, convection will help decrease temp. all around. Components inside the notebook will probably run cooler, as a result. At least that's what I see here.

Attachments

• IMG_1742.png
    IMG_1742.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 19
That doesn't make sense. The fan that exhausts the hot air has to get the air from somewhere - that is the cool air coming in. It can't go out w/o coming in, or the laptop would be crushed from an internal vacuum!

It may be a bad design, but that explanation is off.

-ERD50

On my laptop, there is a vent in the back that the fan pulls air from.

A fan may not be necessary. Just by exposing the bottom of notebook to a lot more air, convection will help decrease temp. all around. Components inside the notebook will probably run cooler, as a result. At least that's what I see here.

That looks like a pretty good set up. I prefer not having the angle tilt, but see who that would help some for cooling.

Back
Top Bottom