What % of your liquid is in taxable acct?

about 25% in taxable accts, 75% in tax-deferred. (Not including house in calculations.)

Retired since December, 2006, but not drawing down from these investments for at least five years, once DH retires - currently living on my pension and DH's income.

40% taxable, 60% tax deferred.

Approx. 30% taxable of which 30% is cash/cash equiv, remainder is mostly equities and a small high yield bond allocation.

75% in Taxable, 25% in tax-deferred. Age 30.

Had a bumper year last year and this year-otherwise, would have had much less in taxable and more in tax-d.

82% taxable, 18% Roth and SEP IRAs.

60% taxable, 25% qualified (IRA, 401k etc), and 15% non-qualified deferred (which is somewhere in between).

I'm about 65 - 70% taxable. My wife doesn't work so I have been the only one contributing to a 401(k) which I have maxed out since I started working full time 8 years ago.

Most of my taxable is in RE LPs and my emergency fund. It's not the most efficient thing tax wise, but I don't have much of a choice. My comp is so heavily tied to the general market that I have to keep a low public equity exposure.

25% Taxable not counting the house. The tax deferred stuff is in a some IRAs that were rolled over from employer plans that have continued to grow at a healthy pace. The taxable stuff is a variety including MM, Index funds, about 20 individual stocks, some CDs and some coins in the change jar on my dresser. The long term plan will tip the percentages in the opposite direction over time after we burn through some of the accounts and then start on the deferred pile after age 59.5

33% Taxable, 67% Tax-deferred (Roth IRAs for wife and me, and my 401k).

28% taxable
72% retirement accts (401k, 403b, rollover IRA, roth IRA, pension)

We're in our early 40 late 30's with 2.5 kids, currently 5 to 10 years away from ER.

Our mix currently is:

6 month of emergency cash in taxable money market funds.
stocks, ETF, various mutual funds through Vanguard (love the "elcheapo" Admiral class shares), real estate

sitting on 20% cash now to wait out the mkt turbulence...normally fully invested.

due to the fact that we've maxed out the contribution limits in our retirement accounts since the get go, our portfolio is skewed to the retirement side.

Back
Top Bottom