What to do about wrinkles in car leather?

Z3Dreamer

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW has a 7 1/2 yo Rav4 Limited. 100k miles. Perfect shape, except leather is beginning to have wrinkles, not cracks. Have read that leather drying out is the problem. Watched a video where some dude takes apart the seat, then steams from the inside. That ain't gonna happen.

Read about putting a damp cloth on the seat for hours/days. That did nothing.Applied various leather treatments. Nothing. Read about using a hair dryer, a steamer, HOT wet clothes, an iron.

What works for you? Purchase a new $30,000 car for DW?

As any woman over 40 can tell you, wrinkles don't go away. Ever. The most you can do is treat, moisturize, etc., to slow or soften the appearance of more of them.

(yes I know this is about cars not faces but the same applies.)

As any woman over 40 can tell you, wrinkles don't go away. Ever. The most you can do is treat, moisturize, etc., to slow or soften the appearance of more of them.

(yes I know this is about cars not faces but the same applies.)

I don't mind my wife's wrinkles, nor my own. She feels the same. They remind us that we've been together a long time and not to put off too much into the future!

-BB

There's a product called Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil that's an excellent moisture restorative for leather seats. It's not cheap, but it's very effective.

I have a living room couch with wrinkles. I am following this thread

Learn to live with the wrinkles. Keep changing the oil, and enjoy the reliability of the Toyota. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom