What to do with 300K from house sale and a 6 month building time.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Maybe be the house is sold, got a good offer.

I however will wait until I close on this place and move to a friends place before I purchase a new home. I really do not want any more stress with having this deal fall thru and having to pay two mortgages.

When I have the check in hand after closing then I will put my retirement papers in, and buy the new place .

I guess it all makes sense.

Man this is stressful.

We saw some really nice places in NC but they have no attorney review time and most contracts that are signed are non refundable. Contingencies seem rare also. Hey if I must stay with friends and family and vacation this summer oh well. I do not want the added stress of laying out 10 15 grand until I close next month.

Is there some reason you wouldn't want to rent for a year where you are thinking about buying?

brewer12345 said:
Is there some reason you wouldn't want to rent for a year where you are thinking about buying?

I would rent in a hot min, however the wife is set on living in the raleigh area, her family is down there and I will be working until jan 1 , 2007 up here anyway.

I figure if she wants to buy a house and really move only once well I will accept her thoughts. It really does not bother me.

There are some real nice places and financially we would be set with no mortgage.

Who knows. I just know that I think I sold my smoke and mirrors suburban over priced high mortgaged house for a crazy price. Gonna take the money and run.

Back
Top Bottom