The cats and I have now been told
We have our blankets, food and drink
We'll hibernate all week I think.

With Roku, Netflix, Amazon
I say to Nature: bring it on!
Popcorn and kitties by my side
I'm warm and toasty here inside.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It was -35C (-31F) this morning with a -46C (-51F) wind chill.

Do I win a prize for being the coldest? :LOL:

I think you should!

-16C/4F where I'm at right now.

28F here right now, with a hard freeze warning and wind chill advisory.

Pretty cold outside for New Orleans, even though it's not -31F like it is in Music Lover's location.

1/1/2018 6:30 AM 41 degrees Macon, GA

Tonight the wizards say it will be 18 degrees

It’s 32 degrees here in the Florida panhandle at the beach! Had a short fun beach time with family then this arctic air moved in!

-30 this morning starting today a warm up is coming.

Made me look 41 at 6am, high today 67+. I will go for my walk at 50 degrees.

-6c (sounds cold) or 21f (still cold) this morning here in my part of east/central Texas.

Last edited:
15 degrees here in Chattanooga/N. Georgia this morning. May actually have to put on long pants to go to the gym today.

It's "warmed up" to -15F...the worst of the cold snap is over.

I wish Canada would just keep all their cold weather but they always seem to want to share it. LOL

-18F actual temperature this morning. Iowa winters are tough. Can't wait for January 26 when we leave for Florida!

The temperature started dropping last night in Sarasota ,Florida . We are now in the 60's and rainy .

29F at 11:36 PM here in New Orleans, with a low of 26 predicted later on tonight. We have a wind chill advisory too. Brrrr!!! Winters here have not been this cold in a while. It's fun to wear my cold weather clothes again for a change.

Looks like the temperature map that ERD50 linked to above, is pretty accurate.

https://weather.com/maps/ustemperaturemap

Last edited:
28F here right now, with a hard freeze warning and wind chill advisory.

Pretty cold outside for New Orleans, even though it's not -31F like it is in Music Lover's location.

Exact same numbers we have in the FL Panhandle Monday night. No hard freeze, fortunately, just the wind chill advisory.

Only went outside today to be able to say I did, and failed to get past the front porch. Still beats the 20 below I saw in ND oh, so many years ago.....

It’s 32 degrees here in the Florida panhandle at the beach! Had a short fun beach time with family then this arctic air moved in!

Thank you for coming and spending money!

Too cold for me to do more than drive past the beach. Golf cart comfortably housed in the garage for the next week or so.

If it would fit on the State Seal, Florida's motto would be "we don't tax ourselves, we tax the tourists" ;)

I saw this pic last winter (I think)...a house on one of the Great Lakes after strong winds blew off the lake in sub zero temps:

ice house.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom