What's your Asset Allocation plan for 2022 ? 2023 ?

Heh, heh, I never thought it would happen. Finding folks with lower equity positions than I have. YMMV

I'll be 79 soon and after that is the big 80. :eek: Trying to preserve capital and lock in some higher rates later this year.

I'll be 79 soon and after that is the big 80. :eek: Trying to preserve capital and lock in some higher rates later this year.

Yeah, I'm a young'un at 75! By the time I reach the advanced age of 79:LOL:, I'll probably cut back on my equities a bit more. Hope the 100 percenters cut us both some slack.:cool:

At 52 years old we are currently holding about 80/20 and will keep it at that for the time being.

LOL, need to change my sig,

Heavy in Stock and Cash

We're about 51% Domestic Stock; 13% Foreign Stock; 23% Bonds; 13% Cash.
Total portfolio of about 2.2M, includes a 575K Condo that we just paid off, no debt. I'm 69.

I had more in cash, but optimistically moved about 40K back into the stock market two months ago as I feel/felt we had hit the floor. Time will tell if I am right.....and I am not collecting social security yet. I am getting a spousal benefit and will get mine when i turn 70 next Jan

Yeah, I'm a young'un at 75! By the time I reach the advanced age of 79:LOL:, I'll probably cut back on my equities a bit more. Hope the 100 percenters cut us both some slack.:cool:

You know what, in a blink of your eye, you will be looking at 79. Take my word for it.;)

And the 100 percent guys, just don't pay any attention to them. Heck, most of them probably won't make 79 anyway. :LOL:

No plans to change my current 35/46/19 AA, give or take a few percentage points. My cash cushion is working out fine, even with inflation. I will likely let the equity portion drift up somewhat, especially after I take SS, more for our heirs than for us.

I’m leaving everything the same until I see what transpires in the market next quarter. Then I will consult with our financial advisor.

I'm staying 80-20. Still selling equities and not buying bonds.

Have not done precise recheck, but are close to 40/60 with cash being a big hunk on FI side at 73 years old. The fed screwed up so bad, I am anticipating a recession will be coming late this year or next as they are forced to address inflation.

I'm right at about 80% equities the rested is mixed in bond and (cash CD's). I don't plan on changing anything in my remaining years.

At this stage in life I'm 55/45 equities/FI (excluding home value), with (per FA accounting) Social Security/annuity values counted under FI AA.

68 domestic/7 international/10 bond/15 cash

Holding more cash than normal due to building a new house and having dry powder for good deals on stocks.

I'm not changing anything and will remain with my 50/50 allocation.

About the same 48/46/6 at 76 and planning to STC in view of having all normal expenses covered by pension + SS. I keep waffling (mentally - haven’t taken any action yet) between taking maybe 5% - 10% of equities off the table and planning to buy more equities when/if the dip/recession comes. Bond funds are only about 22% of fixed, so I’m just gonna let them ride through any interest rate hikes until values go back up. Other fixed income whose value is not lowered by rising interest rates should carry me through any RMDs or extraordinary needs for the next few years.

Not only I don't pay attention to outside noises, most of the time I don't even listen to my own voices. I know most of my financial decisions are based on greed or fear so basically just marketing timing which over and over the main source of me losing money.

So I just do the monthly net worth check and although the first quarter of 2022 it was a wash for me, I am not in any hurry to change my status quo.

My AA is 100% stock index

Not planning any change to my asset allocation but I do think it’s time for DW to start SS. She’ll be at FRA this year and recent events have made me feel like it’s time to lower our withdrawal rate. With her SS, our WR will go from about 4.4% to 3.0%.

One allocation exercise I am going to entertain is not really related to current events and that is making some adjustments between account types. For example, I’m thinking I want my ROTH to be all equities and my after tax account to be mostly equities and some cash. But, I intent to keep the same AA overall.

I have drifted into enough private lending and dividends to cover my expenses. Cap gains is my top up. i am currently 14% lending, 7% cash, the rest is reits and stocks, i stopped doing mlp.

In my early 70's with 90+% fixed income... That and SS covers all my expenses including annual gifting to DD. If (I mean when) the market takes the next big drop, I may buy back in with 20 to 30% of my cash... A bigger drop and I may invest up to 40%... Maybe....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom