What's your recent concert?

Last night -

The Eagles
Long Goodbye Tour

Brian Setzer’s trio Rockabilly Riot burned down the house last night in Minneapolis. He’s always had a Rockabilly/Swing/Punk genre to himself. He used back to back Fender amps to get an echo and played several beautiful guitars from his signature line of Gretsch Guitars. He’s 64 and still in his prime. He walks around the whole stage with a sly grin, seemingly barely moving his fingers, and just completely shreds.

Queen with Adam Lambert. Fantastic show.

And to tie this in to a thread in the Health forum: My tinnitus always gets worse after a concert, and it was worse when I walked out of the arena after this one. But the next day, it was not only better than after the concert, it was better than before the concert, too! So maybe a concert with Queen is at least a partial cure for tinnitus? :LOL:

December, 2021: Big Head Todd & The Monsters at The Blue Note in Honolulu. I guess I'd rate it a B or B+. Some of it was simply noise, not music. TOO LOUD at times, utterly.

Before that, I'd have to go back several years: Grace Potter. I would pay just to LOOK at her!

Carolina Chocolate Drops. Excellent.

"The BAND Band" covers Dylan and The Band's music. Fabulous stuff!
Other than that, it's the OPERA for me.

Yeah, generally speaking our largest venues are too small for the "big acts" to perform in Hawaii - not to mention sending 20 trailers of stuff to the Islands. YMMV

The big venues are not necessarily worth wasting your money on . We paid 375.00 each to see Guns and Roses at Minute Maid park ….It was the worst concert we have ever been to . We walked out early ,

So maybe a concert with Queen is at least a partial cure for tinnitus? :LOL:

One reason I really don't go to concerts any more. Tinnitus is worse even after Sunday Services at church - band is too loud. Now I usually watch their "performance" from the over-flow area on the open lanai and then go into the auditorium when they are finished. I enjoy the "performance" on TV much more than in person as the TV sound doesn't "hurt" nor make my tinnitus worse. Kinda sad 'cause I used to love to go to concerts. For the right one (Jackson Browne, Eagles, Bob Seeger, etc.) I'd still go but take ear defenders. I hate tinnitus. I can deal with it when it's stable, but loud music/noise irritates it which, for some time (hours to days) makes it more difficult to ignore. YMMV

We saw Evil Woman: the American ELO a couple of weeks ago. They are an ELO Tribute band out of Virginia Beach.

They were great musically but lacked the magic of other ELO bands I have seen.

One reason I really don't go to concerts any more. Tinnitus is worse even after Sunday Services at church - band is too loud. Now I usually watch their "performance" from the over-flow area on the open lanai and then go into the auditorium when they are finished. I enjoy the "performance" on TV much more than in person as the TV sound doesn't "hurt" nor make my tinnitus worse. Kinda sad 'cause I used to love to go to concerts. For the right one (Jackson Browne, Eagles, Bob Seeger, etc.) I'd still go but take ear defenders. I hate tinnitus. I can deal with it when it's stable, but loud music/noise irritates it which, for some time (hours to days) makes it more difficult to ignore. YMMV
I know. So far I've been okay, but I worry every time I go to a show if it will really settle down after. I did finally decide to order noise reduction earplugs and will try them out next time I go somewhere loud.

Back
Top Bottom