When We Hit Our Peak

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
It’s better for my psyche to say this is clickbait! At least I’m still close to peak vocabulary? :cool:

72886707-0-image-a-52_1688576904829.jpg

Critical thinks at age 25 or so? That sure wasn't me as I look back now, I made some of my biggest mistakes back then. :facepalm:

Critical thinks at age 25 or so? That sure wasn't me as I look back now, I made some of my biggest mistakes back then. :facepalm:

Yeah, that one has me second guessing the validity of the entire graph! Perhaps I was just a late bloomer?

Peak sports endurance does not peak at 40, it is well before that, so that makes me doubt all the other stuff too.

Peak sports endurance does not peak at 40, it is well before that, so that makes me doubt all the other stuff too.

Yeah, I had the same thought about that one. Virtually all elite, world-class tennis players retire from the pro tour by their early 40s. And the average age of Boston Marathon winners is around 29... not 39!

Yeah, I had the same thought about that one. Virtually all elite, world-class tennis players retire from the pro tour by their early 40s. And the average age of Boston Marathon winners is around 29... not 39!

I would consider cycling and soccer to be the main two endurance sports and they all go down hill well before 40.

I personally peaked at 19. By 25 I was noticeably "over the hill".

I would consider cycling and soccer to be the main two endurance sports and they all go down hill well before 40.

According to Bard (Google's AI chat bot), the average age of Tour de France winners is roughly 27. There have been only three winners older than 32. So yeah, 40 seems pretty obviously wrong here.

I personally peaked at 19. By 25 I was noticeably "over the hill".

My 40-something nephew did a race around the Olympic mountain range last weekend and came in second. The guy who won rode all night to get past him and he looks to be even older.
In some competitions there is the insanity factor :D
https://www.bandok.com/livetracker?id=29&fbclid=IwAR38wbgjsSDqF_tJ2XqEKsbPJFH7WHNiNpK9aU9zXxQ_yX3OwItFUywQ7ZI

440 miles and 40,000 feet of climbing.

The swimming one, I can see at 23. I noticed it was getting harder to win.

My buddy when 25 said he noticed when doing the navy dives that he was no longer the first one to jump into the freezing ocean waters.

The body was more reluctant to obey our mental commands..

+1

Same thoughts! Peak critical thinking in my 20's? Yeh, this chart is all wrong.

I think they were referring to Tom Brady as the age 40 example.

Funny, I'm around the peak vocabulary range, and I feel like that is at my weakest point.

80 is the peak for attracting a gold-digger.

Tom ask, "Bill, how did you get such a young girlfriend at 75yrs old" Bill responded, "I told her I was 94 yrs old."

Math Problem:

Attachments

• Math Problem.jpg
    Math Problem.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 34

Many of the most scientific discoveries and inventions were made by people in their mid-20's. First one that comes to mind is Einstein and his special theory of relativity. Second example is Isaac Newton inventing calculus when he was 25. When did Steve Jobs invent the Apple computer? 21 years old.

Many of the most scientific discoveries and inventions were made by people in their mid-20's. First one that comes to mind is Einstein and his special theory of relativity. Second example is Isaac Newton inventing calculus when he was 25. When did Steve Jobs invent the Apple computer? 21 years old.

It's clear I had a different focus at 25 and I am not as bright as those guys were. :D

I think they were referring to Tom Brady as the age 40 example.

Funny, I'm around the peak vocabulary range, and I feel like that is at my weakest point.

Funny, but Football is not an endurance sport.

Back
Top Bottom