Mesa, AZ for now

Chicago, Illinois
Bethel, Alaska
Gilbert, Arizona
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Gallup, New Mexico
Mesa, Arizona

Calgary, Alberta (Canada)....

Home of the Canadian Rockies, the Calgary Stampede, the Calgary Flames and the infamous Red Mile :D

Beautiful Yuba City California.

Seems like there are a lot of us within 40-50 miles of each other. All you sacramento/folsom folks arent too far from here.

Hot enough for ya today ;)

Yes it was hot enough....but working from home I don't go out until later in the day, of course when it's hottest. I walk down to the mail box at the hottest time of the day.

I'm ready for fall, tired of the heat.

Hot enough for ya today ;)

The south bay at least up the peninsula a little wasn't bad at all. The weather has been warm enough this year but with no sweeping heat waves. Great for walking and hiking.

I used to love the weather in the south bay.

The high prices for homes, the traffic and the long restaurant waits sent me packing though.

Its actually been a pretty mild summer this year. Hope they're all like this going forward.

The high prices for homes, the traffic and the long restaurant waits sent me packing though.

Oh, I'll be gone too as soon as I have enough cash in the stash. I've made it out to the restaurant you recommended (Yankee Pier in Santana Row) once for dinner with the wife and once for lunch with friends. I'm sorry to report that I wasn't terribly impressed.

Its actually been a pretty mild summer this year.  Hope they're all like this going forward.

It's been a pretty mild summer everywhere this year.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040817.wxweather0817/BNStory/International/

South Central Wisconsin?  You must be just north of us.
Ever stop at Baumgartners in Monroe?  Cheese, beer and brats, not much else.  This is the jumping off point for most of my longer motorcycle trips.

John Galt

Hi, John Galt! No, I haven't been to Baumgartner's. Is the food good, though?
I am not much of a go-around person--I just know the way to and from work, the grocery stores, friends' houses, places just 10 miles around the house. :( Maybe someday when I am retired, I will be more adventurous about wandering and traveling.

Eastern Iowa
Hey bow tie - a fellow Iowan! I don't know where you are in eastern Iowa, but I'm spending this afternoon trying to replicate the pizza they make at the Towne Clock Inn in Dubuque - my favorite food of all time. I've been trying without much success for several years, but I'm getting closer.

Hello flipstress! Baumgartners food is very good if not terribly healthful. It is a a landmark. Been there forever. My Dad (87) used to stop there all the time.
Anyway, my biker pal lives near Lake Geneva and I live
south of Rockford, Il. so we meet there mostly before we head north on our adventures.

John Galt

Hey, Yelnad, I've been wondering-- is Penn State's Creamery still open?

Bainbridge Island, WA with forays to Portland and the south Bay to see the kids.

It has been a warmer summer in the NW than those of us with Norse bloodlines prefer.

Winter is great .. cold and wet!

The Creamery is still open and a little too convenient for me during lunch time :)

Actually, they're going to build a new Creamery soon....which will be even closer to the new College of Business building that I'll be working in.

Yum :p

Beautiful Pasadena California. I'll wave to you all at the next Rose Parade.
I am originally from Chicago and I am familiar with Illinois out to the Mississippi with forays into Rockford. Also spent some summers working in North Central Wisconsin (Wausau). Spent a couple years in Great Lakes, IL, central Pa and Baltimore and a few more in London UK, free travel courtesy of the US Navy.

For your entertainment, and since others have listed their history, here's mine.

1944 to 1976 North Central Illinois
1976 to 1980 Detroit area
1980 to 1982 Flint, Michigan area
1982 to 1993 Michigan Upper Peninsula
1993 to 1994 North Central Illinois
1994 to 1998 Dallas area
1998 to pres. North Central Illinois
Future Texas (I hope)

John Galt

History? okay.

1954 - 1976 Southern IL
1976 - 1978 Mt. View, CA
1978 - 1984 Raleigh, NC
1984 - 1995 Chandler, AZ
1995 - 2001 Shueyville, IA
2001 - present Mesa, AZ

I last visited the Creamery in 1977.

I think they've probably got their money's worth from the building.

Penn State would have been my alma mater if not for a slight military diversion. About half of my class went there (and I'm sure the other half will be paroled any day now). Say hello to any of the Weagraff clan for me...

Hey Brat, I have a cousin that lives on Bainbridge island. How many people live on the island?

San Leon Texas on Galveston Bay and sometime in Galveston Bay :D

:D We are in the southern black hills of SD. Coming from Minnesota, this is heaven. Record high of 100 average high temperature above freezing year round, and the scenery is as good as it gets. There is also no bugs that bite. So we can enjoy the out of doors year round.
Land prices are currently 8-10K an acre and there is no state tax.

Please explain to this Geography major how average high temperatures above freezing all year can be misleading? The mean is a more indicative stat. In particular, give me the temperature mean in JA & FE for the nearest station? As an example, Hot Springs High 35.5F Low 12.1F Mean 23.8F. Wind Cave High 34.7F Low 9.9F Mean 22.3F ::)

:D  We are in the southern black hills of SD.
Blackhillsbob, next Saturday I take my youngest daughter to start her freshman year at SD State Univ in Brookings. So we'll be spending a fair amount of time in SD the next four years, and the Black Hills is on our list of places to see. From what I've seen SD has much appeal. Very windy though.

Back
Top Bottom