Where's Brewer1234

Such sad news about Rich. :(

He was a delightful, compassionate man. As busy as he was, he was always willing to help. He calmed my nerves when my dh was diagnosed with cancer. He was good man...I'll never forget him.

Last edited:
Yes, Rich was lovely. I really enjoyed him. He did post much less after retiring, and even less after relocating to CA.

I'm another one that missed the news about Rich-in-Tampa. Was it posted here?

Yes, Rich was lovely. I really enjoyed him. He did post much less after retiring, and even less after relocating to CA.

Well this ruined my day. Rich was such a gentleman and until a couple of hours ago I thought he was busy enjoying his life in CA.

The Covid info definitely cuts both ways. Good info but also too much PC-ness and hand-wringing. And some of those worry-boxes are held very tightly.

But it remains a fantastic forum with great contributors. I do enjoy and appreciate the non-covid stuff more.

Somehow I missed the passing of imoldernu and Rich-in Tampa.... Maybe we need an "In Memorian" section or sticky thread.

Last edited:
Somehow I missed the passing of imoldernu and Rich-in Tampa.... Maybe we need an "In Memorian" section or sticky thread.

That is a good suggestion. I missed hearing about both of those members. They were terrific contributors.

Rich in Tampa passed? I had no idea. I remember he was the doctor who relocated and change his screen name. I just assumed he was enjoying his retirement years.

I thought "perpetual traveler" was the moniker given members who have gone to the next world?

As for Brewer, he's a prepper of sorts, who can live off the land and do pretty much anything. He's probably in his element right now, weaving his own toilet paper.

That is a good suggestion. I missed hearing about both of those members. They were terrific contributors.

I've been kicking around here since 2009, and haven't noticed any big changes. Same great place for practical real-world advice it's always been.

A while back, the ladies did take the time to gently chide a few misogynistic posters; perhaps they resented this, grabbed their balls and went home.

+1

It is really too bad. We've lost some excellent members due to the way the forum has changed. One went out with a blast of a thread.

A while back, the ladies did take the time to gently chide a few misogynistic posters; perhaps they resented this, grabbed their balls and went home.
Ouch....

I've been kicking around here since 2009, and haven't noticed any big changes. Same great place for practical real-world advice it's always been.

I don't even remember that! :LOL: I'm not doubting you but I probably just missed reading that thread for some reason. Plus, I think that the vast majority of our guys are super considerate, gentlemanly, and nice to us.

Indeed, they are! These were generally small chidings, here and there, knowing that no offense had been meant. And it was so long ago that I don't even recall the year. So it wouldn't account for recent disappearances.

I I think that the vast majority of our guys are super considerate, gentlemanly, and nice to us.

I thought "perpetual traveler" was the moniker given members who have gone to the next world?

I must have missed the "perpetual traveler" handle... Somewhat related, I've always associated "gone traveling" as living but departed the forum (not by choice) but I may be incorrect on that too.... No matter what it's called, if the moderators/administrators agree to a creating a "sticky" for "those that have passed away", maybe we could have a poll to name it. Or maybe a thread to offer name suggestions first and then a poll. Or the mods can pick one.... If not NNTR.

But then again, in this world today, there may be liabilities or other challenges in having such a thing on a public forum like this...:blush:

Last edited:
Have not heard from Samclem in a while, either. Hope he is well.

I had a go at one today...:flowers: at least I felt it was gentle...

I missed the news of Rich's death also. I pictured him in CA enjoying his grandchildren.

This is a geezer forum. We should have an obits area.

We'll all be there soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom