Which is a better place to be?

delcocarolina

Confused about dryer sheets
I currently have around 100k at Etrade and have been there for 15 years give or take.

I am thinking about maybe moving my Roth IRA's (spouse also) and my roll-over IRA from a previous company to either:

Vanguard
Fidelity
TRowe Price

1. Should I do this? I currently pay no yearly fees and only 9.99 per stock and 19.99 for a mutual fund transaction.

Why should I move? Whats wrong with Etrade? What makes Vanguard and Fidelity so much better where I would need to do business with them?

Although I like VG and have several of their funds I prefer the trading account at Wells Fargo. Only $25K minimum and you get 100 free trades per account. I have one after tax and one IRA.

If you are just going to buy and hold, you can't beat Vanguard's low fees.

Another vote for WellsFargo. Why pay $9.99 or $19.99 when you can pay $0.00 and $0.00 for the same things?

WF even beats Vanguard's low fees because you can get almost all the Vanguard funds from them as well for no commission just like at Vanguard. WF has better specific lot identification and when you download the 1099 into TurboTax it is complete unlike Vanguard where you would have to go chase down additional info to fill out your tax return.

Kewl!
I will have to look into Wells Fargo. We ended up with a small account with them after they acquired WaMu, which had acquired A.G. Edwards, but I never looked into their online stuff.

If you are happy with etrade, then stay there. If you are a buy and hold type you will rarely pay commissions anyway, and all the big boys seem to be in a race to whack commissions to nothing anyway. I stay with Schwab because I appreciate the service I get and the wide range of products offered. Is it the cheapest possible? No, but its pretty cheap and it suits my needs very well.

Back
Top Bottom