why are growth charts for stocks not available

perrytime

Recycles dryer sheets
mutual funds show a $10k for 10 yr growth chart, but nobody will make the same plot for a stock, etf, or cef with re-invested dividends included.
Is there a reason?

good tip

thanks for the find, but I am concerned they are not doing something right, when I plot NLY, and I show benchmark S&P, it shows the S&P falling, the big crash early 2009. look at NLY, hardly a wiggle down. But look at a plot of the stock price, it did infact almost fall %50. I wrote to them but got no answer. Just having a log scale would not do that. I see a few possibilities, an error, dividends are not re-invested (just accumulated in cash), they use quarterly prices to plot and the month wide peaks of stock price are hidden. So I am hesitant to believe NLY outperformed FNMIX as the charts show.
comments welcome.

Its easy: just fire up your Bloomberg terminal, pull up the security of interest, type TRA <Go> and voila!

What? You don't have a Bloomberg handy? Well...

I looked at this earlier, I seemed to get different graphs depending how I got there... the first one looked right to me, but I'm interested and hope to follow up when I get a chance to investigate a few examples and document which links/tabs do what. I'm also amazed that this data is so hard to come by.

I think CFB posted a link way back, but it required you to install a special excel macro or extension thingie, and create a Microsoft dot-net account or something, and I won't do that.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom