Work Until You Drop

I'm with ya on the wings. Grilled or deep fried and drenched in Franks Red Hot.

Krispy Kremes are good, but I almost passed out when I saw their last price hike. A buck a donut? I dont think so. They're in all the supermarkets out here in No Cal now. Pretty smart.

Yes, but stay away from Krispy Kreme stock until
the Adkins diet fad wears off.

Cheers,

Charlie

I checked out the Krispy Kreme prospectus.
It had a lot of holes in it.

John Galt

Krispy Kremes in paradise

KK opened a branch on Maui a while back. I don't know why they didn't do Waikiki first but they put themselves in the position of having one of Hawaii's most popular attractions on one of the less-populated islands.

Since then the interisland flights can't keep up with the traffic. People have actually been paying $150+ for round-trip KK shopping trips. Oahu companies compete for marketing points by sending employees on "business trips" to return with KKs for client meetings. Aloha Airlines now limits the number of KK boxes in passenger's carry-on & checked luggage. There have even been threats to charge freight rates for hauling them back to Honolulu. (I can only imagine the rodent problem at Kahului's airport.) Small fishing boats have even been trying to cross the channel and smuggle back their ill-gotten gains.

So if you're planning a visit, pack your reinforced luggage with KKs. The hotel staff might even offer a discounted room rate them in lieu of cash, and there are certainly a lot of people in Waikiki willing to "barter"!

John-

Reach up and bop yourself on top of the head. Theres a good chance you just got off better than if I did it. :D

Nords-

Until they start filling them with liquer, I aint paying a buck for a donut.

Can you believe they're coming out with "low carb" donuts?

I'd rather eat a road apple.

Is beer a vitamin?  I think its one of the four food groups.

What are they again?  Beer, pizza...I forget the other two. :confused:

It's been a while since I was an undergrad but IIRC the four food groups are alcohol, fat, caffeine, and sugar.

OK, this may be understood to the regulars here, but what is "SWR"?
Savings While Retired?

OK, this may be understood to the regulars here, but what is "SWR"?
Savings While Retired?
safe withdrawal rate

There's a whole section on this website devoted to it.

Back
Top Bottom