Worried About Dry Eye Drops?

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I use a lot of eye drops of varying strength. Thick gels at night, medium thick during the day, and sometimes simple liquidy dry eye drops. The recent news was alarming. I always buy name-brand drops, Refresh, and Systane but the fact these bacteria and fungi are found in so many laboratories makes me wonder.

There haven't been many specific eye infections but the labs verified are CVS Health, Leader (Cardinal Health), Rugby (Cardinal Health), Rite Aid, Target up&up, and Velocity Pharma.

Good article from the NYT (gifted)
https://www.nytimes.com/article/eye...e_code=1.7Ew.oV4S.K4-vIMtZfMzP&smid=url-share

"The F.D.A. said it had not received reports of eye infections associated with those products, but the agency recommended a recall because its investigators found unsanitary conditions and “positive bacterial test results” in critical drug production areas at the manufacturing facility.

"The warning came months after U.S. health agencies said they had linked two types of eyedrops to at least four people’s deaths."

I also take a lot of drops but have no choice. May look into a new nose sray for dry eyes
May not be any better but somethnig to research

The ones I use are not on the recall list, thankfully.

Only use Lumify.

Back
Top Bottom