Wow, what do people do who don't have health insurance?!

Cute and Fuzzy - I would urge you to read the Wisconsin Whitepaper. It goes into great detail about the history of health insurance and explains why the BCBS "pay as you go" approach to health reimbursement facilitated today's problematic system. You have to read the whole paper to get to the nitty gritty. The paper does explain how misguided systems (such as Medicare, Medicaid and HMO's) in combination with market forces led to today's problems. I would hope that some of you out there would be willing to open your eyes to how consumer-driven healthcare could be a viable long term solution vs. a single payor system. It is interesting reading and may be an eye-opener for many of you. Just because it is written from a free-market perspective does not mean that the arguments have no legitimacy. I have read plenty of whitepapers on universalized care and single payor systems, and I feel it is necessary to see both sides before forming an opinion.

I've quite throughly read "both sides" of the matter. I dont think either way works very well. Too many vested interests with too much power and too much at stake.

I cant see how it works unless you simply guarantee basic and reasonable health care to everyone and then try to minimize the costs and bureaucracy.

As far as the paper, when the source material is driven by someone with a strongly worded, clear cut political agenda, I can pretty much presume the following will be hand picked, sorted, select material that proves the point the owner of the agenda carries.

When this 2 year old quits eating everything in the kitchen, I'll give it a read though.

Back
Top Bottom