Wrong decade or what??

2003 through 2007 was a pretty darn good bull run! Audrey

Yes.

When a beginner, I did not realize that investing is a continuing process. Where is the beginning, and where is the end? If I use an earlier point somewhere in the 90's as the beginning, I can say I never lost money. The market had such a long bull run in the 90s.

I like to use the March 2000 high watermark as the reference because that was the peak of dotcom mania. It was also the top of my portfolio, which I personally loaded with semiconductor and tech stocks. GalliumArsenide, IndiumPhosphide stuff, I got them all. As an engineer, I was dazzled by all that wonderful technology. What a ride up!

Well, the market gives, then the market takes. Realizing my mistakes, I made amendments, and was returned to the old watermark in Nov 2004. I just looked up my records. If I did not get out of silicon chips, and rotate into plain old potato chips (figuratively speaking), I would not recover. The NASDAQ never went back to its old high. The rest was all a cushy ride, up till recently.

What is ahead? I know that's what makes life exciting, but once I ER'ed, I don't want it to become "life threatening".:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom