Yay! Success in my first year of retirement!

Congratulations on your success!
We are in our first year of retirement. So far the only surprise is the staying put due to Covid. There are a couple of items which are not routine everyday living costs but we had anticipated and budgeted for, such as a new car and helping out DS with housing costs while he completes his dental school works. All is well.

So you are about where we were a short while ago. We loved it when we came to that last day of the first year of retirement and could finally crunch the numbers "for real" and know for sure that we made it. I hope you have that same experience - it's really neat (grin!)

Congratulations!
That 12% under budget amount could go into a special fund to save for a rainy day (eg nursing home). With luck, you won't need it at all.

Good idea - and it's exactly what I intend to do. I've always been a saver and it's paid off, and hopefully will pay off in the future (smile!)

Assume the OP’s looked into LTC insurance and decided against it? Can you share the thought process?

Assume the OP’s looked into LTC insurance and decided against it? Can you share the thought process?

We didn't think of doing it soon enough (i.e., while we were young enough) for it to be cost effective.

We love to hear success stories! Congrats and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom