You are as young as you feel (or declare)

Tekward

Recycles dryer sheets
It's just a number. My scale says I'm 3 years younger. :dance:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ifies-20-years-younger-launches-legal-battle/

A pensioner has begun a legal battle to be recognised as being 20 years younger than his actual age so he can go back to work and achieve greater success with women on Tinder.
Emile Ratelband, 69, argues that if transgender people are allowed to change sex, he should be allowed to change his date of birth because doctors said he has the body of a 45-year-old.

The part about Tinder is funny. If he wins his suit, 69-year-old women will still be attracted to him. They'll just appear as 38 in his app.

I am 47. My scale says I'm 45 (tiny win). I feel 33. Thinking about suing my scale. Ha ha.

The evolution of "be what you want" is going to get interesting. I feel like an aardvark. Therefore I cannot pay any tax (at all). Aardvark's do not pay tax.

Note: If you are an aardvark and are offended by my comments, I apologize in advance.

Last edited:
My doctor said I have the body of a 20 year old. I wonder when he was in my basement?

"I was talking to my doctor down at the hospital.
He said, 'Son, it says here you're twenty-seven,
But that's impossible.'
Cocaine 'You look like you could be, forty-five.'"

45 sounds rather good these days.

Guess I'm getting old, it took three readings to understand the post :facepalm:. But, now that I get it: :LOL::LOL:

The alternate punch line is: "But you're getting it all wrinkled".

The part about Tinder is funny. If he wins his suit, 69-year-old women will still be attracted to him. They'll just appear as 38 in his app.

:LOL::LOL:

But also think of the reverse possibilities - being young and declaring you are at FRA for SS....

early 20's in my mind, late 60's according to my birth certificate, poorly maintained model T for actual body condition comparison

"You are as young as you feel (or declare)", says the OP.

I prefer what Groucho Marx said:

"You are as young as the woman you feel" -- Groucho Marx

The Dutchman said he is discriminated against because of his age, and that he encounters problems in society on a daily basis. The court is due to deliver a written ruling within four weeks.

He complains that companies are reluctant to hire someone the age of a pensioner as a consultant.

And he says his move would also be good news for the government as he would be renouncing his pension until he reaches retirement age again...

Heck, I look younger than my age, but I feel tired and old. I want to declare to be 70, so I can collect SS now.

The alternate punch line is: "But you're getting it all wrinkled".

Uh, oh... I had to go back and read the last two posts twice, before I understood your post :facepalm:. However, I'm still chuckling (?) (I'm not sure about what). I'm kind of guessing you deserve a :LOL::LOL: as well.

I'm currently reading an Erma Bombeck book--she's real easy to understand. I don't have to go back and re-read the last paragraph to understand the present paragraph.

I don't have to go back and re-read the last paragraph to understand the present paragraph.

Know what you mean. I had the same trouble when learning the alphabet. (Geez, has that been three weeks already?)

The Dutchman said he is discriminated against because of his age, and that he encounters problems in society on a daily basis.

Um...does he go around showing people his birth certificate? I'm guessing he's actually "discriminated against" because he comes across as a narcissistic, self-entitled jerk! If he's as healthy as an average 45-year old, good for him! His health and fitness might impress people, but he has to have a personality to go along with that if he wants to improve his dating life.

When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work.

Is there some law in the Netherlands that restricts people from buying a house or car based on their age:confused: Even if that were true, he should work to make the law fairer for EVERYONE, not try to get himself exempted. I think he is the one overly concerned about age. It's just a number, dude! ;)

I feel pretty great all the time, and my wife feels just terrible every day of her life because of bad arthritis and spinal stenosis.

I have a close friend that's rather petite and absolutely gorgeous at age 67. She looks like she's 35 years old. I asked her where her Fountain of Youth comes from. She quickly replied she has young friends in her social circle and always keeps young lovers.

I like the idea of keeping a young lover.

Unfortunately my spouse not only laughed at the idea but reminded me that most of our assets are in her name-a sobering thought.

And here I thought he was just taking a humorous swipe at the current trend of 'self identifying as whatever'.

That was my impression as well, but I don't know for sure.

-ERD50

I have a simple policy(re: Women) that I have followed my entire adulthood.
1. I only date women between 18-22.
2. I will only date them till age 30.
3. I will only stay married till they are age 40.

Hmm, that reminds me I need to get a Birthday gift for current wife, only two more to go!:dance:

And here I thought he was just taking a humorous swipe at the current trend of 'self identifying as whatever'.

I agree, he's doing it as a satire on the social trend of self-identification, which a huge thing for the younger generation. People are lobbying to self-identify as male or female or neither (them), as disabled or suffering from a self-diagnosed medical condition, and so forth.

Like this satire about a young university student who suffers from 'visual allergies'. https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat...odate-student-with-visual-allergies-1.2843555

Back
Top Bottom