You don’t know what you are missing

Newventurer

Recycles dryer sheets
It occurs to me as I look back over 4 years of ER, that I would not have even been exposed to many of the most precious moments I have experienced, had I still been w*rking.

When I was busy w*rking and traveling people would never have even considered asking me for my help.

In the past 4 years I have had the opportunity to visit my Mom in assisted living, help her move to a new facility, helped my niece overcome severe post partum depression by visiting and helping with the baby, helped my in-laws with daily chores and meals, and on and on.

Being busy keeps others from even thinking about you as a resource, and maybe this is just fine for some of you. I enjoy being available to help others and it has made my life richer.

Enjoy!

I know what you mean- I retired 4 years ago at 61 due to toxic politics- had planned to wait till 65. It was just after my first granddaughter was born. In those 4 years, my husband and I got in 3 wonderful trips (Alaska, Paris, Iceland), I was able to take care of my husband during his final illness, I was able to hold down the fort with the granddaughter after her baby sister was born... surely I would have run out of vacation days if I'd been employed.

Now every day is a vacation day!

I know what you mean- I retired 4 years ago at 61 due to toxic politics- had planned to wait till 65. It was just after my first granddaughter was born. In those 4 years, my husband and I got in 3 wonderful trips (Alaska, Paris, Iceland), I was able to take care of my husband during his final illness, I was able to hold down the fort with the granddaughter after her baby sister was born... surely I would have run out of vacation days if I'd been employed.

Now every day is a vacation day!

My DGF and I say that quite a bit. I still ask her are we really retired (although it is just coming up on 1 year).

Back
Top Bottom