Your favorite stock for next decade

DjBrown

Dryer sheet aficionado
My is NVDA.

I don't watch Jim Cramer, but as a high tech engineer with pretty good understanding what Nvidia does I see huge money machine here in AI, Computer Vision, Metawerse, Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics, Cloud, Deep Learning etc.

Nvidia's growth is still in early stages. It is no longer just a graphics card/semiconductor company.

I'm culling individual dividend stocks currently, and will hold onto BX Blackstone.
Blackstone is a leading global investment business investing capital on behalf of pension funds, large institutions and individuals. Our mission is to create long-term value for our investors through the careful stewardship of their capital. We invest across the alternative asset classes in private equity, real estate, credit and hedge funds as well as in infrastructure, life sciences, insurance, and growth equity. Our efforts and capital grow hundreds of companies and support local economies.
For BX the attraction is what it does in PE. Just want a bit more exposure to that.

If I can remember, I'll start a position in Blackrock (BLK) during the next serious downturn, and add to BX. Maybe some Schwab?

My is NVDA.

I don't watch Jim Cramer, but as a high tech engineer with pretty good understanding what Nvidia does I see huge money machine here in AI, Computer Vision, Metawerse, Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics, Cloud, Deep Learning etc.

Nvidia's growth is still in early stages. It is no longer just a graphics card/semiconductor company.

+1

Been thinking about getting a few hundred shares to stake my position.

My favorite stock is TCNNF, Trulieve. A cannibis stock, they are profitable and expanding. The only downside is that they are on the CSE exchange.

For something on the US exchanges, NOVA. It is a Israel based company, in the metrology business for semiconductor chips.

My is NVDA.

How can one of the 10 largest public companies be "in the early stages" of growth? Could you elaborate on that?

It's +100%/year return for 3 years does look like a fast growing company.
https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/xnas/nvda/trailing-returns

How can one of the 10 largest public companies be "in the early stages" of growth? Could you elaborate on that?

It's +100%/year return for 3 years does look like a fast growing company.
https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/xnas/nvda/trailing-returns

If it ends up one of the 2-3 biggest companies in the next decade then it will be 5 Trillion plus. Making 700% plus in 10 years is fairly early stages to me.

I own few thousand shares for few years now. So I made plenty of money in it so far. The longer I own it the more growth I see in a future for NVDA. It has fingers of the leader in lot of high growth areas.

Last edited:
Old school here... I still like GE... I bought and sold it many times last year and made money... Just bought 1500 more shares in the past few weeks (DCA) and it's burning a hole in my pocket today.

EDIT - It's no longer burning a hole in my pocket... :)

Last edited:
AAPL. I've owned it for quite some time and usually makes up 15 to 20% of our total portfolio. Currently about 18.5% of the total.

They consistently put out great products, provide great service to their customers, and are always innovating. The CEO is likable and brilliant in a class of his peers, along with the prior CEO. Having 2 back to back brilliant CEOs is a little bit of a risk, but if they can do it once, then twice like the GOAT, then they can likely do it a third time.

Their innovative products appear to be like crack to most of their customers. Its iEverything, or iNothing..which is an impressive feat. I personally do not own an apple device, but have used them for companies that provided one to me. DW and her entire family are stuck with the apple architecture and its another reason I believe in the products. When entire families are insistent on owning it, seems like a good play to me.

BIP. It has been my largest holding since late 2018. They own a collection of infrastructure assets (cell towers, data centers, pipelines, ports, airports, toll roads, railroads, desalination plants, etc) around the world. They are run by Brookfield, who has been doing infrastructure for over a century, and now have a CCorp tracking stock BIPC for those who do not like LPs.

BIP. It has been my largest holding since late 2018. They own a collection of infrastructure assets (cell towers, data centers, pipelines, ports, airports, toll roads, railroads, desalination plants, etc) around the world. They are run by Brookfield, who has been doing infrastructure for over a century, and now have a CCorp tracking stock BIPC for those who do not like LPs.
I am also invested in BIP and BAM. Solid management and has done well. Originally bought BAM when it was called Brascan.

If it ends up one of the 2-3 biggest companies in the next decade then it will be 5 Trillion plus. Making 700% plus in 10 years is fairly early stages to me.
I think that assumes Nvidia remains the leader in all 7 of categories you listed in the first post. Amazon only kept the lead in online sales from a first mover advantage. That doesn't apply to Cloud, where it has competition. I think you're assuming a lead role and no competition in everything Nvdia does, which doesn't seem realistic.

Old school here... I still like GE... I bought and sold it many times last year and made money... Just bought 1500 more shares in the past few weeks (DCA) and it's burning a hole in my pocket today.

EDIT - It's no longer burning a hole in my pocket... :)

Thanks for sharing GE - it looks like a great stock to flip.

Being generally more conservative than Nvidia allows for, I’m going with my old stalwart, Berkshire.

My is NVDA.

I dunno. NVDA has had 30 years in a booming tech industry to do something amazing. Not putting the company down as the do make good products. But why have they not already become part of FAANG - FAANNG?

I kinda lump them in with Qualcomm. Or of course, everyone could be right (if you look at both QCOM and NVDA charts). But then - isnt it already priced in?

I don't do individual stocks anymore but if I did I would pick Amazon. Should continue to have good growth and less chance of going way down than many other stocks.

There are a few stocks which I did not sell in the last 10 years.
German Daimler and German Deutsche Telekom.
I love their dividends and expect to keep them another 10 years.
For the next 10 years ( perhaps rather 5 years )
The favorites are.
Ireland: Bank of Ireland, AIB, TSB
Russia Lukoil, Norilsk

Brazil PBR, Vale

Germany Heidelberger Druck, ThyssenKrupp, Daimler, Deutsche Telekom, E.ON

Finland: Telia
Switzerland: ABB, Adecco, Dufry, Holcim, Swiss Re, Swatch, Temenos

I also have Growth Stocks - but usually not for 10 years.
In my watch list are: US Coursera, Match Group, Intel, Cisco, Salesforce, Splunk, Atlassian, Service Now, Oracle

It's hard for a tech stock to stay on top for a long time. Why? Because new technologies arise, obsoleting or weakening the old guard.

Off the top, here are a few ideas:
MELI (Latin America's Amazon) or TTD ( The Trade Desk) a digital advertising middleman, SE (Sea, Ltd) a Singapore based digital commerce, digital payments and game company, SHOP(Shopify), a licensor of digital marketplace tools to small business.

I think they all have relatively long runways, but each could also be acquired which might be a nice payday but a growth limiter relative to the decade.

All are down recently and will struggle in a rising rate environment.

Among the large caps, I do think MSFT has a long runway as does GOOG, and their prices do not seem crazy relative to prospects.

Truth be told, the big winners over long periods are often stocks no one saw coming.

I dunno. NVDA has had 30 years in a booming tech industry to do something amazing. Not putting the company down as the do make good products. But why have they not already become part of FAANG - FAANNG?
As an aside, Jim Kramer coined the term "FANG stocks" to lump the big tech companies together. Recently Jim Kramer loves Nvidia. So if Kramer does invent another term for the most important stocks, I would expect him to drop Netflix and add Nvidia. If this is your only objection, you might want to beat Jim Kramer to the punch, and buy Nvidia before he does that. :)

Personally I think this year is going to be hard for aggressive growth stocks with high P/E values. Look at the 10 year treasury bond, which was 1.49% yield a month ago (Dec 9) and was 1.76% on Friday (Jan 7). That's an increase of 0.27%, which I believe is equivalent to one rate hike priced in. The Fed is expected to make 4 rate hikes in 2022, hitting growth stocks each time.
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-c...interest-rates/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=yield

I don't know. But this is what you could make in prospective companies of you invested 10k in 2013. All of FAANG is far behind NVDA.

Portfolio Initial Balance Final Balance CAGR Stdev Best Year Worst Year
NVIDIA Corporation $10,000 $1,037,745 67.50% 38.53% 226.94% -30.82% -52.45% 1.53 3.30 0.44
Alphabet Inc. $10,000 $82,118 26.36% 21.53% 65.17% -5.97% -18.92% 1.17 2.36 0.62
Meta Platforms Inc $10,000 $126,352 32.56% 31.44% 105.30% -25.71% -32.54% 1.03 2.28 0.48

Last edited:
I am also invested in BIP and BAM. Solid management and has done well. Originally bought BAM when it was called Brascan.
Yes, I also have BIP and BAM and originally bought as Brascan. Stellar performers over the long term. I think in large part it's due to Bruce Flatt and his team and the fact that their financial interests seem to be aligned with shareholders'. That's almost always a good sign. More on Bruce Flatt: https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoin...ollector-of-the-21st-century/?sh=ab8e8cf792d5

Unity software (U) is mine. Perhaps NVDA is #2.

Also LOVE these: RBLX PLTR SPOT ABNB

Sometimes I think of pairs of stocks, one as an anchor, the other as wind in the sails.

Anchors for me are companies like CSCO, VZ, ABBV, MDT, PKG, SO, DUK.

W-I-S picks are what I'm saying in other posts. Going forward I'll probably stick with just an index like SCHG to keep things simple.

Back
Top Bottom