Your final good -bye have you made plans

I've told DH and both sons to donate anything usable. Then I want cremation. Keep me in an urn if that's what helps you but when you are done I want to be scattered into our nearby river. The river makes it's way to Lake Erie and then eventually the Atlantic Ocean.

My parents and 3 of my grandparents are all buried in the same cemetery. I have visited, but after my generation or my sons generation who is going to visit? It doesn't make sense to me.

I really should write all this in proper form. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I only convinced my father to tell me what he wanted when he had a couple of months to go -- it was always "Why would I care?". So he told me to dump his ashes in his favorite fishing grounds in Jamaica Bay (near NYC). I did that and at least it gave me a feeling of closure.

Same story with my mother, and she finally said "Oh, just put them in the same place." Another trip back east and another ending.

I seem to have inherited the same attitude, but told DW that if she wants to do anything with mine, I would prefer to just scatter them somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. I really don't see how it matters.

Back
Top Bottom