• 1291355_10201842305966564_1970124972_o.jpg
    1291355_10201842305966564_1970124972_o.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 22
  • maine_7.jpg
    maine_7.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 22
I have several old car/truck projects to work on. Current list of projects:
1) Finish 52 GMC pickup hot rod
2) Put 37 Ford Ute back together after painting, along with rewiring, adding A/C, and other improvements
3) Build land speed race car 55 Studebaker coupe - goal is 200+ mph
4) 30/31 Ford Roadster hot rod

Also plan to spend a lot more time with motorhome on the road. Of course preventative maintenance and repairs on already finished car projects and daily driver type vehicles.

Always a list of house projects and yard projects to work on. I have no fear of being bored once I retire in May/June 2016.

I will let you know after we remodel the kitchen and replace the driveway. If I am still alive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Cycling, volunteering and Strat-O-matic baseball (a tabletop baseball simulation played face to face with 14 other local baseball fans in a 30 year old league).

Mostly physical things like biking, workouts, skiing. Travel mostly involves biking. Travel between our personal use vacation type properties and looking after them. Also like to drive powerful, sporty cars eg M5/M6. Motto in retirement is "burn calories" but sometimes we "burn" money too. 9 years in, we are having a blast.

Retired in 1999, and in 2009 took up my childhood hobby (from 1959-69)of kart racing.

I had a TrackMagic many years ago, but always wanted a superkart. I'm too old now and probably couldn't handle the g-forces. Check out Eddie Lawson blowing by this SuperKart on Leguna Seca several minutes into the video:

Our main hobby is traveling (truck camper) and camping, which go along with other hobbies: photography, biking, canoeing, hiking, archery, shooting, reading. We do what we feel like, when we feel like, and intersperse our hobbies so none get boring. DW has taken up a travel journal. Nirvana? Nirvana sounds boring. I like our time here better.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Ride my bike 1.5-3 hours a day, 5 days a week, about 175 miles a week. Shooting and hunting, particularly prairie dogs. Genealogy. I help others research, prove and prepare DAR and SAR applications. Collecting and flying flags on my flagpole!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

• Cameras: Nikon D50 and D7000. My primary hobby, of late.
  • Model Trains: A small N scale collection, and a HOn3 K-27. Gonna build a train layout someday, Colorado narrow gauge.
  • Camping Equipment: Mostly Coleman, tent, stove, lantern, etc. Giving my backpacking equipment to the kid. Gonna build a small camping trailer, because I've grown not-so-fond of the tent.
  • House: As they say, "If you have a house, you have a hobby..." :LOL:

Reading, music, theatre, sewing, spending time with friends, helping out at my church (I chair the Youth Support Team).

"Toys"= any and all purchases for travel. "Travel expenses" are my largest luxury item...............for pure enjoyment! I'm always cleaning up from a former trip or dreaming/planning for the next one. Luckily, there are plenty of friends who feel the same. Hopefully, this can continue until I...... 1) run out the expendable cash; and/or 2) become immobile.

If #1 and 2 could be delayed until about age 90, that would be just fine.

:D

Wow. After reading many of the other posts here, it's clear I better get back on the wagon with exercise. I like biking and walking, but everything else seems to crowd them out.

If I don't follow some of the regimens described below, I'll be hobbling before I hit 70!

:(

outdoors stuff: biking, kayaking, birding

artsy: music (mainly singing covers while accompanying on guitar), photography

travel, mainly to enjoy some combination of above and visit friends

rock crawling jeeps.
camping.
traveling in our motorhome.
fishing.
target shooting.
welding / machining / fabrication.
home remodeling. (typically rehabbing our rental properties)
working on & restoring harley davidsons from the 30's-50's (hence my screen name)
kayaking.

Listening to music and collecting records. There's great fun in hunting down Holy Grails I never imagined ever finding, let alone, owning. I recently landed a Beatles "butcher cover."

I love my grill and the barbecue magic it produces. Babyback ribs complement family and friends. Steaks set the mood for romance. Oysters, chicken, pizza ... you name it, I'll scorch it. :D

I'm a Fantasy Football fiend and Commish for a league of 14 goofballs and knuckleheads. Four months of trash-talking and fun every year with friends and family spread all over the country. Good times. :)

Last edited:
Listening to music and collecting records. There's great fun in hunting down Holy Grails I never imagined ever finding, let alone, owning. I recently landed a Beatles "butcher cover."

Back in the 70's when I was living in NJ, at a flea market I ran across 2 copies of the Hendrix Electric Ladyland album that was banned (the English, glossy fold out cover with the nude women) in the US. One was $4 and was complete, while the other was missing one of the two records, so it was only $2. Needless to say, I only bought the cheap one - naturally for the cover - and I'm kicking myself to this day for passing on the other.

Traveling in our Fifth wheel RV, building hot rods, auto body work, metal fabrication.

Back in the 70's when I was living in NJ, at a flea market I ran across 2 copies of the Hendrix Electric Ladyland album that was banned (the English, glossy fold out cover with the nude women) in the US. One was $4 and was complete, while the other was missing one of the two records, so it was only $2. Needless to say, I only bought the cheap one - naturally for the cover - and I'm kicking myself to this day for passing on the other.

That's still a great score! The records are easier to find than the covers are. That one has been on My List for a while. Congrats!

cycling -road and trail, motorcycling - dual sport, photography, travel, radio/electronics, reading, food & beverages

Retired in 1999, and in 2009 took up my childhood hobby (from 1959-69)of kart racing.

Fellow karter here. Got in to it 3-4 years ago when I decided the costs of racing cars was getting to be a bit much. Have now gotten to the point where I really almost prefer racing the karts. Great group of people, ease of setup and maintenance, and all the wheel to wheel action you can want. I run an older Arrow AX9 with a IAME Leopard in TaG Masters.

Playing ice hockey
Working out
Hiking
Hunting with my dachshunds (yep, they will track into a den and kill quarry)
Reading
Baking
House stuff
Cars
Fashion

I sort of sound like a man I just realize, except for the fashion part. I really am girly! LOL

Back
Top Bottom