You're welcome everyone

tuixiu

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just did a rebalance yesterday, and with retirement target six months out I also decreased my stock allocation from 70% to about 65% of total portfolio.

This is clearly the reason for the big day on the stock market today.

If anyone needs rain let me know, I'll go wash my car. :)

I culled some stock too (albeit not enough, still at an 80/20 AA) today. Keep up the good work as I plan to sell enough in the next few weeks to at least get to 75/25.

What happened to "sell in May and go away", the "June swoon" the 10% correction thats been coming for the past year?

I like your handle, tuixiu (Chinese for retire/retirement).

Odd time, don't you have dividends rolling in that are going to unbalance you?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I just did a rebalance yesterday, and with retirement target six months out I also decreased my stock allocation from 70% to about 65% of total portfolio.

Thanks!

Now who was it that crashed oil again back in 2008? ;)

Odd time, don't you have dividends rolling in that are going to unbalance you?
Nah they all rolled in by June 26, most (Vanguard) happened the 23rd.

What happened to "sell in May and go away", the "June swoon" the 10% correction thats been coming for the past year?
I think those are parked in the spot next to "bond funds are going to crash" :D

I say W2R is the only person on the forum that moves markets:D

I say W2R is the only person on the forum that moves markets:D

Who, little ol' me? >:D :2funny: :ROFLMAO:

This whole "Wheee!" thing seems hilarious to me. I just looked back, and discovered that on the day I started that thread (10/1/2007) the Dow was only at 14,088.

Imagine what the forum would think if the Dow dropped to 14,088 this week. :LOL: That would be about a 17% drop.

Last edited:
Who, little ol' me? >:D :2funny: :ROFLMAO:

This whole "Wheee!" thing seems hilarious to me. I just looked back, and discovered that on the day I started that thread (10/1/2007) the Dow was only at 14,088.

Imagine what the forum would think if the Dow dropped to 14,088 this week. :LOL: That would be about a 17% drop.
Now you've done it. :nonono:

Why don't you go lift weights or something...

Now you've done it. :nonono:

Why don't you go lift weights or something...

:LOL:

The "wheeee!" signal seems to have lost some of its potency lately. Maybe this time it is different!

But I am not taking any chance. Several of the individual stocks I bought in 2011 are up 100%+. I think that I will harvest some gains here.

I also rebalanced on 30 June. Between 401k contributions and market gains, I was overweight in stocks. The market may have gone up 1 July but I know that was just to toy with me like it usually does.

I'm more than happy to have the market keep going up. I pulled out some assets from equities to mostly limit my downside. I'm on my end of year glide path to end my OMY syndrome and I don't want a market bobble to hurt enough to change my mind.

With W2Rs powers, I bet she can turn a "whee" into a "whoa" if the market heads south.

:LOL: The "wheeee!" signal seems to have lost some of its potency lately. Maybe this time it is different!

It'll be interesting to see. Now, if the market crashes, does that mean W2R did it or were there other causes?

The debate will go on forever.....

Back
Top Bottom