YTD Returns

Tommy_Dolitte

Recycles dryer sheets
Net, I'm down 1.2%.  I hope this sale lasts for 3 more years and then picks up with a new President.

P.S. Any Minneapolis people here, would you recommend General Mills or 3M for places to work? I'm currently @ Best Buy HQ in Bloomington. I've hit my 4 yr mark and am looking for a change.

TD   :-/

I know a number of people who work at 3M. They all absolutedly love it. Two of them have been there for years. One floated around in various jobs and finally settled down at 3M.

Poster boy for 'refugee from Minnesota' jokes. Back in the sixties, one of my lead engineers was a retired plant manager from 3M. Brought his plane out to Seattle and bought a Queen Anne Hill Victorian as a fixer upper. Taught me a lot about investing early on.

The point! - 3M has leggs for the long haul.

Up 1% ytd but today sofar both oil, gold and equities are down so I might lose that today! All is lost, all is lost, run for the hills (and bring armor piercing ammo and cat food for a year). Cheers!

Hmmm - down maybe 2.6% YTD sans dividend stocks.

Interesting, but was -16.5% one quarterly statement during the 2000- 2003 downleg.

I need to hurry up and do nothing.

Heh, heh, heh.

Net worth is up. I don't track anything else. The stock funds are down a little. fixed investments are up very little. As long as my net worth is not going down I don't worry to much. The bad thing is I'm still working. My net worth has been going up more than what I make, so hopefully that will change soon.

I returned my HDTV tuner because it was locking up. They gave me a new one.

Last year I had to return my portable DVD player by mail.

The returns aren't too bad.

What?

This is the 3rd or 4th time this year this question has been asked, and it's still April. Someone needs to get another hobby besides market watching. :D I'm happy with my investment choices and am saving 20% of my pay, so I'm on "forget it" mode for a while.

Hmmm - down maybe 2.6% YTD sans dividend stocks.

Interesting, but was -16.5% one quarterly statement during the 2000- 2003 downleg.

I need to hurry up and do nothing.

Heh, heh, heh.

Same, same, and same, what me worry?

YTD is meaningless, at best a point of conversation, but not life changing in the slightest.

BMG, your avatar scares me! Looks like my high school guidance counselor! :eek:
syndrome-avatar.png

Yeah, I guess he is a bit scary looking. It makes me laugh though, because at this moment he is saying "B.S." and framing it with his hands while explaining why the initial on his suit is "S" instead of "BS".

Hey, at least your guidance counselor was enthusiastic.

EDIT Sept 30 2005: Updated image link for new server

Lets see...my vanguard consolidated view(TM) says my port (less the proceeds from my wifes house) is about the same as it was at the end of last year.

Ready Unclemick...?

But its burped out more dividends than I could spend. Actually bought $20k more wellesley late last week with the excess...

Back
Top Bottom