Yup, I got Ripped Off Again

They don't make green pavers in NY?

I kept telling my builder I wanted interlocking Cambridge pavers. Instead I got dirt that needed to be sodded. all 857 sq feet of it.:). Oh I forgot, the dirt should have been labeled as a hazardous site. It had broken glass, bits of brick, tons of nails, and all other sorts of debris.

I kept telling my builder I wanted interlocking Cambridge pavers. Instead I got dirt that needed to be sodded. all 857 sq feet of it.:). Oh I forgot, the dirt should have been labeled as a hazardous site. It had broken glass, bits of brick, tons of nails, and all other sorts of debris.

Some here will think you're joking, but that's really all too typical of NYC.
There are very good reasons why the saying "Great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" was originally about NYC.

I do have to admit that I enjoy my very occasional visits back there, and I have childhood friends who have never left and love it, but on the whole I completely understand why you're looking forward to eventually leaving.

Some here will think you're joking, but that's really all too typical of NYC.
There are very good reasons why the saying "Great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" was originally about NYC.

I do have to admit that I enjoy my very occasional visits back there, and I have childhood friends who have never left and love it, but on the whole I completely understand why you're looking forward to eventually leaving.

I knew you would understand. :). Id like to spend the Holidays here, then flee for the rest of the year.

Sounds like some real experts on here.
How do I get rid of Creeping Charlie? Neighbor and garden supply guy said use Weed BGone chickweed killer. Might have slowed it down a little but didn't kill it. To many applications and the grass starts looking sick. Pulling it out seems to make it come back in two fold.
I surrendered to it this year, but want to get it all out next year.

You can still kill it this year. Don't bother with it in the spring/summer.

Use WeedBGone max on creeping charlie after the first frost. After the first frost the plants take nutrients to their roots - it's the best time to poison them.

If your climate is warm year round then I have no idea!

Back
Top Bottom