Class of 2013 and not sure what is next

Deer Whisperer

Confused about dryer sheets
So first off I am newly registered and hope to soak up as much as I can and offer constructive advise to someone in the future. Thank you for all of your previous posts!

So the " Deer Whisperer" thing. I lack creativity and was totally blocked when it came to thinking of a great name like most of you have! My daughter called me the deer whisperer over Christmas break when I was feeding a large buck in the back yard carrots from my hand. My friends call me stupid for that sort of thing and direct me to YouTube for plenty reasons why. I chose not to use the name stupid:). I might change it if I ever think of something great but for now ill keep feeding the deer.

I am officially retired as of this month. I am young and retired early due to 25% planning, 70% dumb luck and the balance being a health issue. I am a public pensioner who took great pride in my work and service to the community for my entire career and now have an overwhelming sense of gratitude to the community I served. I understand very well the struggles of the private sector over the last few years so I feel a certain amount of guilt when people recently ask " so what do you do?"

As far as the big plan and whats next......well I'm not really sure. I am going to take some time to think, work on the house and hang out with my DW and kids. Two of the three kids are still at home. I am leaning towards volunteering at the hospital in the ER a few days or nights a week. This came to me as I was rolled in on the receiving side of the ER a few weeks ago

Thanks again for all of your previous efforts and I hope to hang out for a while:blush:!

Nice introduction, welcome and best wishes on your ER

Back
Top Bottom