Originally Posted by davidr04
I am retiring at the end of 09 after 30 years with my company. My wife has 2-3 more years at her job so I will be home for the first time. I am getting myself mentally ready to watch her leave for work every day and for me to be at home. I am planning to keep going to the gym every day, improve my cooking skills,( i am pretty awesome with a smoker and grill), and am planning a cleaning routine for the house. I would appreciate any advice from the ladies and gentlemen who are part of this lifestyle. Money is not going to be an issue but the change in lifestyle will certainly be a big change.
Welcome to the board. Countdown commences...
My fiance, a.k.a. dh2b (= darling husband to be) has to w*rk for 10 more years. So I have transformed from career girl to Suzy Homemaker, with a twist.
I will pass on some tips so you will be the A-number-1 househusband of the century.
- Keep the same hours. Get up when she does, hit the hay at same time. Naps at any time are optional and should not be openly discussed.
- In the AM, make coffee to go, a snack bag, whatever for her to take to w*rk. Major brownie (or cookie) points can be earned here.
- Do laundry and dishwasher duty. Leave folded clothes on the bed so you get credit. Point out the clean sink as often as possible.
- Get a housecleaner to come once a month.
You can maintain the rest of the time.
- Have fun all day but never brag about it to the missus. That's what we are here for.