Getting out of prison

lirjo

Confused about dryer sheets
HELLO i am a british prison officer who has worked for [ served ] nearly 30 years in various jails , i think i have kept my health and sanity by being generally optimistic . i can retire with a good pension JULY 2010 . got my home by the sea very close to british lake district ,and a good woman , dont need much else ..:greetings10:

Greetings from across the pond! There are a number of retired law enforcement and prison people here, and perhaps a few ex-prisoners as well.

Congrats on your plan! We definitely have a few around here that have been in your shoes.

And hey, speaking of: what's going on with IronMike's chicken ranch--have we heard from him lately?

That good woman is the best part of your retirement plan! :D

Greetings from across the pond! There are a number of retired law enforcement and prison people here, and perhaps a few ex-prisoners as well.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Probably....

Welcome to the forum lirjo. :flowers:

Welcome lirjo!
Do you have some pictures of the Lake District to share?

I'm finishing up 30 years on my job as of 12/17/2009. I do not work in law enforcement or a prison. But I do tell everybody "I got life without parole". :LOL:
Steve

I'm finishing up 30 years on my job as of 12/17/2009. I do not work in law enforcement or a prison. But I do tell everybody "I got life without parole". :LOL:
Steve

Hey, that's what DH says every anniversary:ROFLMAO:

Hey, that's what DH says every anniversary:ROFLMAO:

Maybe there is some kind of connection here in my working life and why I like old prison movies like:

Cool Hand Luke
The Shaw-shank Redemption :D

Guess I'm planning my great escape :confused:

hello all to see where i live in the uk ..google GRANGE OVER SANDS CUMBRIA
also south lakeland cumbria

hello all to see where i live in the uk ..google GRANGE OVER SANDS CUMBRIA
also south lakeland cumbria

Thanks lirjo, it looks beautiful and a perfect place to RE.
I once lived in a cottage called "Grasmere"; there is one quite like it on the second website.

Maybe there is some kind of connection here in my working life and why I like old prison movies like:

Cool Hand Luke
The Shaw-shank Redemption :D

Guess I'm planning my great escape :confused:

Also, I'll add "Papillon" to that list of prison movies :)

Sounds like a fantastic place to kick back and enjoy your days. I'm jealous. Congratulations.

According to the news today, the Lake District got 30 cm of rain in the last day or two--the most in one day ever recorded (pretty impressive when you think about how long they have been keeping records over there). Pretty soggy, that.

LUCKY THAT I LIVE 400 FEET UP A HILLSIDE all the flooding is away from me the nearest being 25 miles the worst [ cockermouth ] about 60 miles north west of me
it really is major news at the moment ...
shame about the policeman who was swept away when a bridge collapsed

Back
Top Bottom