Hi from San Fran

cervantes

Confused about dryer sheets
I am 57 years old and retiring on or before July next year. I will be receiving approximately $2,800/month pension from the county government and have at least $85,000 (all in fixed account) in deferred comp. My 20 year old daughter is still in college. My wife will work 3 more years before she retires.

Hi Neighbor! If the city and county kicks in your health insurance premiums, I think you could live on that amount. Good idea to keep your spouse w*rking, that way you can live very well here, IMO.

Yea, yea, Hono, I once checked out your first post; you must be grinning from ear to ear! When a friend retired after many years as a city social worker and than a courtroom clerk, she said, for the first time in her life she felt like she was in the chips; owns a big house out in The Richmond. I may start voting like a Republican soon, this is too much. But wait, SO's nephew is a fireman, commutes from a more affordable house in Sact'o. Gotta take care of the firepersons and cops.

BTW, my 13-unit apt. bldg. is on the market again. Sold in June '06 for $3,200,000; they're asking $4,250,000. What do you think?

Cervantes, meet Hono, I believe he lives 1/2 and 1/2 between the Bay Area and Honolulu. Cervantes, is that the street in The Marina where a bldg. collapsed in the '89 quake? There was an apt. available in the replacement bldg. when I was looking but I didn't check it out.

hi from san fran

Hi cuppajoe & hono,

I have 23 years of service so I would assume I won't be affected by the elimination of lifetime health insurance for those with only 5 years service. I think the new rule applies only to new hirings.

Back
Top Bottom