Hi, I am Steve

Souschef

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been in the Discuss Cooking forum, and my wonderful wife pointed out this forum to me. I love it! I am happy to be part of this community, to learn something and share something.
I have been investing since I was 16 years old, LBMM at all times, and am reaping the rewards in retirement since 2009.
Our cars are paid for, our home is paid for, and i feel sorry for others who kept up with the Jones's, and are looking to live only on SS at retirement.
I lost my wife of 30 years 10 years ago, but was blessed to find a new love and companion. She shares my LBMM idea, but sometimes to a fault. I just ordered some things for her for Xmas because she said they were too expensive (bless her frugal heart).
Since we met, she told me travel was her passion, and we have been on 49 trips of varying lengths in 9 years.
If you are interested in our travels, please send me a PM, and I will give you the URL of our website.

Last edited:
Howdy Steve,

I have a buddy who owns a lemon ranch in Santa Paula. Nice country down there.

Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you always had your priorities on saving and using your money for things that truly bring you joy, but I'm sure losing your first wife really emphasized that time is greater than money. Glad you've been able to enjoy your retirement with a new spouse and share some memorable trips.

I look forward to hearing more about how your managing this stage of life. Sounds like you have a lot to contribute to the forum!

Welcome Steve!
look forward to hearing more about your travel/adventures in ER.

Welcome to the club, Steve! I can't think of a more noble retirement passion than cooking. Well maybe eating.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Hi Steve!

My husband and I first bonded over our love of travel - and it's still one of our passions. In retirement we're exploring/experimenting with cooking more. It's a fun way to get great food to eat.

Back
Top Bottom