I Retired Today

willhunt

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello to the forum.

Today is my last day of work, but I took a vacation day. :dance:

I'm hoping I don't get a call tomorrow, and somebody yelling, "April Fools" :mad:

I retired as a mechanic from the city that I live in. Local Government.

Just wanted to say hi, :greetings10:, and after looking around here a bit, I know that I have a few questions for you seasoned retired folks. :confused:

Welcome and congratulations. Here's to an even better next chapter in your life.

Congratulations! Hope you stick around and post about your experiences as well as the fun you're having!

Congratulations! It's my 2 anniversary with no regrets.

Congratulations! You didn't have to show up on your last day??

My wife is also retiring today.

Congratulations Willhunt. My last day of work was Jan 15th. I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have! As you probably already know, you'll find lots of excellent advice from the folks in this forum.

Congrats to you

I am also a newly minted exworker as of Monday...still trying to get my head around the changes so far so good though

Eight years ago yesterday, only because the 31st was on a Saturday. Haven't looked back or regretted the decision for a minute. And my j*b at the time was also with a government agency.

Wow. Thanks so much to everyone for the kind comments. Seems like a great group of people here. What an awesome welcome...........:D

I had about 70 hours of unused vacation time, so I took my last two days off.

Looking forward to what will come.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome Willhunt.

Congratulations on the new phase of life.

(You too, Nukedriver)

Congrats. I'm about 3 months out, so would love to hear how it's going for you.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom