I think the BS bucket is full.. joining class of 2013?

Cassie, I made the mistake of telling her 9 months in advance! I'm a manager and budget planning for next year was coming up so I thought I'd be responsible... Nope, she sees me as already gone. She also told me to stop being so gleeful! Cant wait to never see her face again.

Cassie, I made the mistake of telling her 9 months in advance! I'm a manager and budget planning for next year was coming up so I thought I'd be responsible... Nope, she sees me as already gone. She also told me to stop being so gleeful! Cant wait to never see her face again.

That's sad that some people take their personal issues out on their employees. She's probably just envious, and realized she has ignored retirement planning.

I reviewed all of Megacorps policies and they had nothing on how much notice was required for retirement. They had nothing, chatted with retirement group, they confirmed that. Suggested I chat with the VP. I did when I gave him my written notice(2.5 weeks), I have to say he was great about it, but my direct managers first words were "I'm envious of you", the reason I gave such short notice.

I'm happy I did it that way, I was afraid of the type of reaction your getting. The time will pass, and when you're gone you can laugh about it!

MRG

Congrats!! I could not give 2.5 weeks notice - as a manager I would need to give at least 3 months, 9 months was my stupidity and excitement.

Honestly she is just a nasty piece of work - her retirement will be in the $100k area annually so she sure isn't jealous me!

Long time lurker here and first post.
Last day is next Thursday 6/27.
58 Y.O.
35 year job anniversary yesterday.

Welcome to the "other side" Bogo! You wait till a week before pulling the trigger to post! I guess being a lurker got all of your questions answered.

Long time lurker here and first post.
Last day is next Thursday 6/27.
58 Y.O.
35 year job anniversary yesterday.

Wow - thought I was kind of a lurker - but you are at a professional level ... 2009 and your first post.

Congrats on next Thursday. :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom