Need advice on how best to answer an interview question

markk

Confused about dryer sheets
I am in my late fifties and for the past year or so have been taking care of my parent who recently passed away. I am now in the process of looking for work and have an interview set up for a part time position.

My question is, what is the best way to answer if they ask me why do I want to work part time. I know if they ask this they may be thinking that if I get a full time job, I will leave them. At the present time, I will take whatever I can get. I would like to get a full time position down the road, but will definitely accept part time, just not sure how best to answer this to put in a positive light.

Thanks in advance

If your resume reflects that you've been out of the work force for a year, could you respond that you've taken time to handle a family illness and that when you evaluated returning to work you determined that a part time job would give you the challenges/rewards of a work environment but also provide more freedom in your schedule?

Be honest and let them know your intent both long and short term.

Thank You

If your resume reflects that you've been out of the work force for a year, could you respond that you've taken time to handle a family illness and that when you evaluated returning to work you determined that a part time job would give you the challenges/rewards of a work environment but also provide more freedom in your schedule?

I hope this is useful to the OP; it is to me as I am likely to be in a somewhat similar situation soon. Although, I likely will not be looking for full time employment later. And, hopefully my mother, who I was caring for, will not pass away any time soon.

This is a thread I will definitely be watching for additional insight.

Thanks Katiek,

Sounds like sound advice.

Back
Top Bottom