Newbie Found This Site Searching for Annuity Info

TrvlBug

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi. Great site...found this on another travel site I frequent where someone was searching for info on annuities. Spent about 4 hours yesterday reading many of the posts.

I'm 57 and retired last fall. I have always wanted to and worked hard to be able to retire early, but had planned to do so at the same time as DH. I got tired of waiting for him (he actually loves some aspects of his job and is not ready to retire just yet). My job had become so stressful I was concerned about my health. We reached FI a few years ago and I decided it was time. Best decision I ever made and only regret not making it 1 1/2 years ago when a forced job rotation caused all of this stress :facepalm:.

I'm currently taking it easy and de-stressing and trying to decide how to spend some of my time. I love animals (we have 2 adorable kitties) and am leaning towards volunteering some of my time to one of the local shelters/rescue groups.

Am researching annuities to determine if it makes sense for us. Our retirement income will come from SS + our investments and we are leaning towards purchasing an annuity to cover the gap between SS and non-discretionary expenses. Decisions, decisions.

Welcome TrvlBug! You've come to the right place to do some learning. Read long and hard before you decide to buy an annuity. Lots of threads here about them so use the search feature.

Ditto, I did an annuity as well.........also my job was affecting my health so went out early. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom