Pull the Trigger and FIRE

manchu9inf

Confused about dryer sheets
Howdy folks! I just bumped into this site and found it great info (wish I had info like this long ago).

Anywho, the wife and I decided that the time was right to retire (I'm 46). So last week I pulled the trigger and dropped my resignation from the job. We've both been living a pretty modest life and continue planning to do the same (debt free).

Thanks for a great site!

Regards

manchu9inf, welcome to the board!

Congratulations on pulling off a very early retirement. How did you accomplish something that so many seek and so few find?

Coach

Hi and welcome

Since your handle says Manchus, did a military pension play a part in being able to retire early. There are lots of military on the board. Were you at Fort Carson or in Korea?

Coach and bssc thanks for responding. Planning for an early retirement (at least for me) included starting at an early age (19) and putting away moneys (low risk) and completing a military career (helps out). I did two yrs in Korea (two years with other units) and one 2 yr tour at Ft. Lewis, WA with the 9th Inf Reg (Light Infantry).

Manchu
"Keep Up The Fire"

Howdy folks! I just bumped into this site and found it great info (wish I had info like this long ago).
ditto. i'm brand new also. I heard about the site at the M* forums.

Anywho, the wife and I decided that the time was right to retire (I'm 46).
woohoooo. beat me by 2 years (FIRE at 48 for me). Congratulations!

So last week I pulled the trigger and dropped my resignation from the job. We've both been living a pretty modest life and continue planning to do the same (debt free).

roger that. debt free is the key.

Freebird

Thanks for a great site!

Back
Top Bottom