Ready (and needing) to learn

Griffers

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and thought it time to join and seek some friendly advice. I appreciate how helpful everyone is here!

What has brought me here is that my MIL is recently widowed and her husband took care of all of their finances. Now that he is gone it has fallen to me to help her figure things out with regard to her retirement income/investments. Because this is the "Welcome" forum, I won't post my question here but will do so in the "Fire and Money" forum.

Fwiw, my situation is as follows: 49 yo, married, three kids (19, 17, and 16), wife and I are both educators so we probably won't RE but we do have a LBYM attitude and have saved as much as we can. My MIL is 73, widowed a few months ago.

One last thing. We are looking for a financial planner for her, probably through the Garrett Network. I know to look for a fee-only, fiduciary, but until we find one I thought I'd seek advice and help here.

I look forward to meeting everyone, and I thank you for the advice and knowledge found in these forums!
Griff

Welcome aboard, Griffers! Lots of friendly, helpful, well-informed folks on this board.

omni

Welcome. Hope you find info to help your MIL and your own family as well.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum, your best investment is educating yourself and learning now, so you can prevent mistakes now that will be detrimental to future growth of assets. We all learn and can become smarter, so stick around and begin the process.

Thanks for being the kind of person to be so willing to help your MIL (I've been reading your other post). Lots of good people like yourself around here to offer suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom